• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question anyone using 43AE6100 or 6200 as pc monitor?

mmoalem

Novice Member
Hi all - looking to buy 43 inch 4k tv to use a 4k monitor. considering the
43AE6100UK and 6200 from richer sounds but cant find a definite answer if they offer 4:4:4 signal sampling and if not, are they usable as pc monitors for work (more concerned at clear readable text at short viewing distance than gaming lag)

so, does anyone have experience with these?

kbfern

Distinguished Member
I have a 436100 and use it as a pc monitor and view from around 2ft and text is really sharp. I was previously using a Samsung 23" widescreen monitor but due to my age (66) was finding text hard to read now it is great.

I don'y use it for gaming so can't really say about any lag.

I do stream 4k from Netflix and Amazon and it is pretty good considering the price of this set.

mmoalem

Novice Member
I have a 436100 and use it as a pc monitor and view from around 2ft and text is really sharp. I was previously using a Samsung 23" widescreen monitor but due to my age (66) was finding text hard to read now it is great.

I don'y use it for gaming so can't really say about any lag.

I do stream 4k from Netflix and Amazon and it is pretty good considering the price of this set.

thank you very much for the reply! do you run it in 4k resolution from the PC of lower?

kbfern

Distinguished Member
My pc says desktop resolution/active signal resolution is set at 3840 x 2160 refresh rate 29hz and 8 bit colour. The pc can do 4096 x 2160 but have not tried that rez.

mmoalem

Novice Member
My pc says desktop resolution/active signal resolution is set at 3840 x 2160 refresh rate 29hz and 8 bit colour. The pc can do 4096 x 2160 but have not tried that rez.

thanks, finally seems to get a confirmation that it works and can go ahead and order one.

camy252

Let me know how it goes. Just bought the same TV arrives later in the week. Cant wait to try it out on the ps4 but tempted to run an hdmi and use it for the PC aswell.

EDIT: I presume its just a case of connecting an HDMI cable from the GPU to one of the HDMI 2.0 inputs on the Hisense? Change settings on PC to output primary screen as TV and set resolution to 4k?

Last edited:

mmoalem

Novice Member
Let me know how it goes. Just bought the same TV arrives later in the week. Cant wait to try it out on the ps4 but tempted to run an hdmi and use it for the PC aswell.

EDIT: I presume its just a case of connecting an HDMI cable from the GPU to one of the HDMI 2.0 inputs on the Hisense? Change settings on PC to output primary screen as TV and set resolution to 4k?

sorry - have not bought one yet - waiting for some funds to come my way first - did you manage to get it work?

camy252

sorry - have not bought one yet - waiting for some funds to come my way first - did you manage to get it work?

Hooked it up this weekend but getting flickering when using 1440p or 4k output. Works fine at 1080p but at that resolution I might as well just use my PC monitor! Looking into the issue.

camy252

At £37 I think I'm good with 1080p! Thanks anyways. So my research tells me its either a bad cable, I need to change from RGB to YUV colour mode or something is up with my Nvidia driver. Will test all this weekend.

skinnywhippet

If you look at the overall cost though.....A 43" 4k gaming monitor for a few hundred pounds versus a dedicated 4k monitor which would be far more expensive. The cable effectively makes it a viable 4k monitor

camy252

If you look at the overall cost though.....A 43" 4k gaming monitor for a few hundred pounds versus a dedicated 4k monitor which would be far more expensive. The cable effectively makes it a viable 4k monitor

See what you mean but in theory a high quality HDMI cable should give me 4k at 60fps. To be honest my PC cant push games to 4k anyways. I just want to play a handful of games on the TV at 1440p. Bought another HDMI cable from Amazon and trying it out tonight. Let you know how it goes.
I already have an excellent PC monitor so not interested in a 4k monitor per say. Just happens a I have a 4k TV in the room and fancy a comfy seat for certain games.

skinnywhippet

good luck but my understanding is without 4:4:4 youre gonna have blurry text using it as a pc monitor. Its pin sharp on my sons hisense using this cable 4k at 4:4:4

camy252

You saying HDMI (2.0) wont output to 4:4:4? Tbh dont even know that the numbers mean but my screen is pretty clear at all 3 resolutions. Because im sitting on a sofa and not looking at text I think what im getting is fine. Its just the cutting out/black stuttering thats bothering me.

skinnywhippet

If text isn't a thing you'll need like a normal monitor, for typing and your using it just for gaming then yes I agree. Perhaps not required. Have you tried your new cable yet?

camy252

If text isn't a thing you'll need like a normal monitor, for typing and your using it just for gaming then yes I agree. Perhaps not required. Have you tried your new cable yet?

Tried it this weekend and its working! So I went with a more expensive Ibra HDMI which was only 8m long (opposed to the 10m CSL brand one) and that seems to have sorted the problem. So it was either a faulty cable, length was just too much for those resolutions/frames or it was a rubbish brand who were full of sh*t! 8m is a bit short so had to move some furniture around! But totally worth it. Was playing No Mans Sky and Elite Dangerous at 1440p this weekend. It was glorious!

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom