• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Anyone used www.wetherallgroup.com?

Badger0-0

Distinguished Member
Whois shows they've been going for a while, so they're probably ok.
But I've never heard of them.

J80FAB

For around £100 more you can buy the TH-42PX70 with pedestal stand from an established retailer.

I know you have security if you buy with a credit card, and although the price looks extremely tempting with delivery included it might be :suicide: !

bill_san

Standard Member
they are a COMPLETE scam

I went to the site and entered random numbers and information into the checkout and managed to 'buy' a tv.
all the form does is pass on my credit card details and billing address to the site owners, for them to then do as they please.
It is not as if they have even bothered to use a paypal checkout system.

also i read their terms and conditions which state that no contract of purchase will be completed until they deliver the goods.

In other words, even if they were a legit UK company (and pigs might fly) they could
a) take your money and never send you the goods (as the above term allows them to)
b) use your credit card info to 'buy' what ever they like.

its the second part that I find scary.
I believe that they will use your card details to purchase a tv at a HIGHER price from a legit company (like comet) and send it to you, then pocket the 25% when you ask for a refund. But they will still have your credit card details to do with as they please, so they could empty your bank account in vey short order.

Would you go and tell someone, and I mean anyone, your credit card and billing information?
if you go into a store, the cashier does not have your info and if you purchase from a reputable company online, they have safe guards to ensure that the only people who access that information is the credit card companies.

Ian Dudley

I think they should be reported.

Just as a follow up to this.

As posted in the other thread on Wetherall (http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=497921&highlight=wetherallgroup) I reported this site to Milton Keynes trading standards, as it looks exceptionally dodgy.

they've just come back to me saying that they visited the address and the company isn't there and hasn't been for some time. They are now trying to find out where they really are so further investigations can be made.

In light of this I would repeat the advice already given, don't touch with the proverbial bargepole!

Mail from TS below.

I have now had the opportunity to visit the address which is a building housing a large number of different businesses.

Wetherall Group is no longer there and has not been for some time. I will therefore make further enquiries to try to find out the current whereabouts of the company so that I can pass on your concerns to their local Trading Standards Department. As you point out in your email some of your concerns are enforced by other bodies and I will pass details to the relevant people.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom