Anyone used this set up?

efloresce

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi there
I wonder if anyone can offer any experiences with the following set up that I am considering.
monitor audio radius one, 2 x monitor audio radius 45 as rears and monitor audio radius 380 sub.
All driven by a denon avr x1600h.
I'm looking for a decent sound with good looks (so looking at the walnut) without lots of large speakers everywhere. This seems to fit the bill but has anyone tried any of these components and be able to share how they perform? The room is approx13x16ft, one long wall has the TV in the middle, other long wall has sofa against it but space either side, one short wall is patio doors and the other is open to dining room.
Cheers!

Hi there
I wonder if anyone can offer any experiences with the following set up that I am considering.
monitor audio radius one, 2 x monitor audio radius 45 as rears and monitor audio radius 380 sub.
I'm looking for a decent sound with good looks (so looking at the walnut) without lots of large speakers everywhere. This seems to fit the bill but has anyone tried any of these components and be able to share how they perform? The room is approx13x16ft, one long wall has the TV in the middle, other long wall has sofa against it but space either side, one short wall is patio doors and the other is open to dining room.
Cheers!
Tv is 2020 LG GX55

Hi there
Cheers!

Well if you don´t want to have individual speakers at the front stage then forum advertiser AVO has walnut Radius One as manufacturer refurb almost half price. These should be in great condition, but you can call and ask them to check. They have two in walnut. One is grade 2 and this below is manufac. refurb.

There is also Radius 45 walnut pair -10% off. These need to be installed close to wall / wall mounted cause they have rear firing tweeter (bounces from wall to listener).

274£ + 179£= 453£

Radius 380 subwoofer would cost 499£ which is very high price for product like that as there is so many better products for same price and there is no need to buy "matching" subwoofer! Assuming you aren`t size restricted you can get new grade-b BK Gemini II sub in real walnut wood veneer for 251£ shipped! Dimensions are: 315D X 355H x 290W. BK Electronics subwoofers are made in UK, Essex since 1992.

So the total price for these would be 453£ + 251£ = 704£!! That is lot less than the one you were originally looking at 1200£!

If you want stronger low end with more impact for the blockbuster movies then swap the subwoofer with the larger XXLS400 which has same finish. You would still be within your original budget. Quality subwoofer like this can transform your system big time! Sadly size matters so you need to take it in consideration. The dimensions are: 400D x 460H x 400W

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Well if you don´t want to have individual speakers at the front stage then forum advertiser AVO has walnut Radius One as manufacturer refurb almost half price. These should be in great condition, but you can call and ask them to check. They have two in walnut. One is grade 2 and this below is manufac. refurb.

There is also Radius 45 walnut pair -10% off. These need to be installed close to wall / wall mounted cause they have rear firing tweeter (bounces from wall to listener).

274£ + 179£= 453£

Radius 380 subwoofer would cost 499£ which is very high price for product like that as there is so many better products for same price and there is no need to buy "matching" subwoofer! Assuming you aren`t size restricted you can get new grade-b BK Gemini II sub in real walnut wood veneer for 251£ shipped! Dimensions are: 315D X 355H x 290W. BK Electronics subwoofers are made in UK, Essex since 1992.

So the total price for these would be 453£ + 251£ = 704£!! That is lot less than the one you were originally looking at 1200£!

If you want stronger low end with more impact for the blockbuster movies then swap the subwoofer with the larger XXLS400 which has same finish. You would still be within your original budget. Quality subwoofer like this can transform your system big time! Sadly size matters so you need to take it in consideration. The dimensions are: 400D x 460H x 400W
Bliney! That's a massive saving!

274£ + 179£= 453£

Amazing value just got all that and a yamaha receiver!
Thanks for the pointers!
David

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom