1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone used the VGA output on a skyworth 1050D to connect to their Z1?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by hopdylan, Mar 11, 2003.

1. hopdylan

hopdylan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I tried the VGA output on my Skyworth the other night with a 5m VGA computer cable and have found that it gives a sharp picture but with a few vertical lines on the image - does anyone know if this is a problem with the output or whether i need to fiddle with some settings on my Z1?

Thanks in advance

2. olaiho

olaiho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, this combination has been tested by a few users in Finland.

The vertical lines are there probably because you haven't calibrated VGA in the Z1.

The way you do this is you press "PC AUTO ADJ." button on the remote.

After this, the picture should be problem free. If you are still not satisfied with the picture, try manually adjusting some settings on the Z1, eg. Total Dots, Horizontal and Vertical.

Here are a few ready Z1 settings you can try with the Skyworth:

PAL dicsc
    Fine sync: 15, Total dots: 850, Horizontal: 152, Vertical: 42, Display area H: 700, Display area V: 556

NTSC discs
    Fine sync: 10, Total dots: 732, Horizontal: 125, Vertical: 35, Display area H: 600, Display area V: 480

If you are not satisfied with these, perform AUTO ADJ. and after that just adjust settings manually to your liking.

The VGA calibration should be performed separately for NTSC and PAL, because they are treated as different resolutions.

BR,
    Olaiho

p.s. Check that Skyworth video output is set up as "AUTO", not PAL or NTSC.

3. olaiho

olaiho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not even a "Thank You"?

Why do I even bother writing...

:(

4. hopdylan

hopdylan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Sorry olaiho , been a bit busy lately so haven't got round to trying out the settings you provided

Thanks in advance though! :clap: :clap: :clap: