Anyone used the John Lewis TV Setup & Demo?

isdoo

Just curious to know if anyone has used the £45 TV Setup and Demo from John Lewis.

Not getting any younger and wondered if it was money well spent?

Or do the chaps delivering really have no idea?

Contains....

• Disconnection of your old TV
  • Unpacking and assembly of your TV and removal of packaging
  • Connecting your TV to the aerial and tuning in to all available channels
  • Connection of existing devices to your TV, such as Soundbar, Sonos, DVD player or satellite box
  • Connecting a smart hub TV to the internet and giving a brief demonstration of how to access the key apps
  • A test demonstration to show that picture and sound are working fully

mikej

Well, they'll presumably be capable of doing everything on that list but, then again, so would the average man in the street !

If you can get an extra pair of hands to help with the physical lifting, then you'll be able to get help with the rest on here. TBH though, if you make a note of what goes where currently, then it should just be a case of connecting everything back up to the new TV in exactly the same way. Modern TVs also usually have pretty good set-up routines that'll walk you through tuning the TV and connecting to your network.

Ged

I chose to pay for this service recently, primarily because I didn't want to trouble my neighbour again for help. Two chaps set it up promptly and ran through the process of tuning it in. I'm capable of doing all of this but as it's 65" it was too much to move by myself.
Fortunately, they were here by about 7.30am and gone in about 20 minutes or so.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom