1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone used Sony NW-E103/5/7?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by elliot_01, May 9, 2005.

1. elliot_01

elliot_01
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi readers,

A friend's son has received one of these MP3 platers for his birthday, but is having trouble actually getting MP3s transferred to it.

Being in IT, I have been asked for some advice on the issue.

It seems they have installed whatever software that came with it, without any problem, but the computer (Windows Millenium) is just not recognizing the device. Doesn't sound like Windows is creating a 'storage device' entry in the 'My Computer' drives list at all.

Aside from a possible dodgy USB cable, can anyone, off the top of their head suggest what may be the problem?

Any idea if there is a know issue with SONY MP3 players and their software? Incompatibilities with Millenium?

My experience with MP3 players is minimal, so I'm just looking for anything obvious I may have overlooked, before delving too deeply into the problem.

Thanks in advance.

:)

2. Fencer02

Fencer02

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think Sonic Stage 3.1 which is the one which comes with this player will not talk to MilleniuM Edition........There are Patches on the Sony wesite
    http://www.sonydigital-link.com/DNA/nwHDD/nwHDD.asp?l=en

Sonic Stage is a complete abotion and you will have issues with it . It can however be made to at least talk to a device .

k

3. Scarylion

Scarylion

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I seem to remember windows ME being a bit wonky with usb 2 devices, but its probably sonicstage that doesnt like windows.