Anyone used phoneretailers.co.uk?

Daytek

Novice Member
I only registered to reply to your thread.

I have used this company for the past 2 years.
know the owners well.but have not dealt with them since they started selling brand new stock

the website is legit with address details

Triggaaar

Distinguished Member
Update:
A new member joined to send me a PM that said:

"I found your post when I was searching for info on the company. Ordered a phone from them, took the money, no phone, won't respond to emails, don't answer the phone.

Going to talk to my credit card company and try to get a refund from them."

I've no idea how representative that is.

yunzu

Novice Member
Hi everyone.

I signed up to this forum just to reply.
I had the same concerns from this website and this is my experience.
I wanted the S8 - the options are £500 from Asia or £540-580 from EU sources.
The biggest issue is where you return the phone if there is a problem. That is why you must have a UK/EU warranty so you can deal with Samsung and not with the seller.

I ended up purchasing from phoneretailers.co.uk (on the invoice it is ukmobilewholesalers.co.uk) for £578 - they don't have Paypal but I used American Express so hopefully some buyer protection just in case. They said 2 year Samsung warranty in the UK. I couldn't find another one that offered that which wasn't based in Asia.
Even though there was NO reviews of them online, I also liked that they have a London address, so I could always go and abuse them if necessary.

You'll all be pleased to see that a couple of days later it is now listed there for £536.
Best price for Samsung Galaxy S8 64GB SM-G950F mobile phone in Silver color Brand New for just £536.65 retail offer on Unlocked Network - Phone Retailers

The phone arrived by UPS with no issues after 2 days.
1) My first concern is I opened the package and the seal was broken with a sticker that says "do not accept if seal is broken". I called them on the phone in the invoice and a female answered. She said they sent it sealed and couldn't explain why it was unsealed, but the warranty was UK/EU and would be fine. I think she lied about the unsealing - I think they do that do unlock it perhaps so it is not locked to EU only.

2) The phone is brand new. It comes with EU adaptor only. It is Hungarian stock (since the language default on mine was Hungarian). Obviously you can change it to English/other easily and remove the Hungarian.

3) I registered the product online and was shocked to find on the Samsung website that the product was already registered. This made me concerned it was somehow stolen or something.
I chatted online with Samsung (I have the transcript) and they said registering was for the customer and not required for warranty. They confirmed my phone serial number was EU/UK and that Samsung would honour the warranty 2 years from the purchase date.
They were unable to check if the product had been registered to someone else previously or not.

Would I order from them again?
Yes I would.
As long as the product arrives, is of decent price (and even cheaper now) and has a local warranty that the manufacturer will honour, then that's what counts to me.

I hope this helps your decision making.

Triggaaar

Distinguished Member
3) I registered the product online and was shocked to find on the Samsung website that the product was already registered. This made me concerned it was somehow stolen or something.
I chatted online with Samsung (I have the transcript) and they said registering was for the customer and not required for warranty. They confirmed my phone serial number was EU/UK and that Samsung would honour the warranty 2 years from the purchase date.
They were unable to check if the product had been registered to someone else previously or not.
Loads of great info in your post, thanks for taking the time. That looks like good service from Samsung, and maybe it's best sticking with brands like that when using that site.

The only concern would be that Samsung don't know if the product had been registered to someone else. If it had been, could it later be reported stolen and then bricked, despite Samsung honouring the warranty?

Have you done a checkmend on the phone?

yunzu

Novice Member
Never heard of Checkmend so just took a look. Cost me £1.99 - not thrilled but peace of mind...

Passed "clear" all the checks. So I assume it's fine.

Triggaaar

Distinguished Member
Never heard of Checkmend so just took a look. Cost me £1.99 - not thrilled but peace of mind...

Passed "clear" all the checks. So I assume it's fine.
Yeah, for a phone that's over £500 I thought the £2 was worth it.

It's no guarantee that everything's fine, but what else can you do

yunzu

Novice Member
Yup I do feel better. The phone definitely seemed new, has passed checks, works, has local warranty and I can track it in findmyphone if it gets stolen.

So probably as good as it can be.

Healthy12

Novice Member
Any more feedback on phoneretailers.co.uk? I placed my order 6 days ago and spoke to someone in their office at the time. I got a reply to my email on the same day saying my order would be shipped that day or the next working day. Since then, nothing. They won't answer the phone, won't respond to my emails and no update on UPS tracking. Starting to get worried now!

Triggaaar

Distinguished Member
I've not tried them, I've decided to try and go with reputable retailers due to the fact that phones can be locked in the future and there's nothing you can do about it if you've bought from a dodgy company.

Alexander001

Novice Member
I have same issue i bought from them it has been 15 days and nothing yet...contacted them and nowbody reply or answer...been to nochex as well and now they blaming each other ...dunno what to do next
Any advice ..been to the bank amd they told me i need 15 workin days before they can do anythong

Triggaaar

Distinguished Member
I have same issue i bought from them it has been 15 days and nothing yet...contacted them and nowbody reply or answer...been to nochex as well and now they blaming each other ...dunno what to do next
Any advice ..been to the bank amd they told me i need 15 workin days before they can do anythong
Just get your money back from the bank after the 15 working days.

Since finding out that a phone can be blocked after purchase, I'm more concerned about the source of a phone than any other consumer device. I wouldn't buy from somewhere with such a poor reputation.

Alexander001

Novice Member
I have contacted the bank as well...but i have filled some papers tonthe fraud people as this cant go on like that ...many other people can buy from those scammers...
Did u got ur money back ?how about nochex(as they took the payment)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...

Latest News

Sky announces huge original TV show and movie lineup for 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Cambridge Audio launches DacMagic 200M headphone amplifier
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Disney+ UK for February 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Focal releases 1000 Series integrated speakers
  • By Andy Bassett