anyone used ir extender with thomson dhd4000

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by stoopk, Feb 11, 2005.

Tags:
  1. stoopk

stoopk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    anyone used ir extender with thomson dhd4000

tried 2 video senders - matsui one from dixons (works occasionaly/ rarely) and a tesco technika av-104 (didnt work at all).
    does anyone know if any video senders ir extendes work with the dhd4000?

2. Duncan Craig

Duncan Craig

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Im using IR extenders via RF not video senders (although I do have one) I don't see any reason why you shouldn't get the senders to work, unless your thomson is set to RGB and the senders don't like it? I think the are pretty much universal...

Here's something I have just posted at another site.....

I have got the RF out of my Thomson working OK without interference, it basically involves removing the link which they provided. I've fed the aerial straight into the left rf input (as you look at it from the front), then the output goes into an eight way amplifier via an IR eye controller, the output of the amp goes to the input of the other half of the Thomson. Also the output of the amp goes to all my other TVs which have IR eyes.

The analogue reception around the house is now very good, the Thomson is set at the highest RF channel (69). There is a slight interference on the Thomson picture over RF, but it acceptable for viewing from the kitchen (more fiddling is required I think)

I'm using SLX IR eyes bought online and an SLX 8 way bypass amp from Maplin.

Duncan.

3. stoopk

stoopk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the picture output is great, its just that i carnt change the channel. Could this be interferance?