Anyone used http://www.lensesforhire.co.uk?

technoholic

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Im thinking of hiring a lens to try out, as I want to get a feel for the lens before I think about spending any money on it. Anyone used the above company and can provide some feedback?

Thanks

Very well regarded company, big presence over at TP.

Contact there is StewartR, Ive PMd him your thread.

Yes. Another recommendation from me.
I don't live too far away and so collected in person. Very friendly guy.

Oh wow, ive just looked, are they in Maidenhead? If so, im only in High Wycombe, that would be great!

Oh wow, ive just looked, are they in Maidenhead? If so, im only in High Wycombe, that would be great!

Yes.

Lenses For Hire Ltd
c/o JCA Couriers
27 All Saints Avenue
Maidenhead
SL6 6LX

When I did it, the guy met me in a local cafe with the lens I was are hiring. They don't like to give away the actual location of their premises.
Then you return the lens to their courier at the address above (who would normally be delivering/collecting them, if you weren't doing it in person).
All went very smoothly when I did that.

Great, thanks for your reply Stewart. The only question I have for the moment is if I wanted a Lens for this weekend, what sort of notice do I need to give if I want to collect from you? (provided you have it in stock of course)

...if I wanted a Lens for this weekend, what sort of notice do I need to give if I want to collect from you? (provided you have it in stock of course)
Place the order online. Receive email confirmation. Come and collect. What's that? Half an hour including drive time from Wycombe to Maidenhead?

Another +1 here. First rate service :)

I'm not quite sure what AVForums stance is regarding "commercial" posts from non-advertisers,

All you need to know is in the rules.

Great, thanks for your reply Stewart.
OK, this is a bit confusing now. I replied to @technoholic, but one of the moderators decided that I was sailing a bit close to the wind with regard to the forum's rules regarding commercial postings, so my reply was removed.

Anyway my understanding is that, as the owner of Lenses For Hire, I'm allowed to reply to specific questions that AVF members might ask - especially if I'm just providing information which is in the public domain and could therefore be provided by other AVF members -but I'm not allowed to promote the business. So let's try again.

Im thinking of hiring a lens to try out, as I want to get a feel for the lens before I think about spending any money on it. Anyone used the above company and can provide some feedback?
There are over 1500 customer reviews on TrustPilot, here. TrustPilot emphasise as part of their terms of business that "companies have to ask all their customers to leave reviews on Trustpilot" and that "no companies can delete or otherwise censor reviews". So it would seem to be reasonable to conclude that these reviews constitute a representative sample.

The business is based in Maidenhead. We don't advertise our actual location, mainly for security but also because it's difficult to find and the parking is a nightmare. If customers want to collect or return items in person to save on postage, we meet them at the coffee shop on the corner of the road (Palmieri's) which is easy to find and park at, and does the best cappuccino in Maidenhead.

Hi Stewart, didnt realise the original post got removed, but I did see it before it was removed. Not sure where you stand with the rules but either way I got the info I needed, it just turned out that I decided to buy the lens I was going to hire instead (70-200 2.8) so didn't need the services unfortunately in the end. However its great you're only down the road and am sure I will be using you guys in the future

+1 here, a great company, very helpful.
I rented a 10.5mm Nikon fisheye from them.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom