• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Anyone used eglobal central before??

Morning,

Apologies if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find a thread.

I'm wanting to purchase a Canon compact camera. The one I want is £540 at Jessops/Argos etc etc.

I've had a look to see if I can get it cheaper and this place eGlobal Central UK - Online Shopping Store with Low Price on All Latest and Branded Consumer Electronics and Gagdets is selling it for £429.

I'm sure I'm missing something if its so much cheaper than the usual high street stores....

Has anyone used them before, good or bad?

I obviously want to save a few quid but would rather just go to Jessops if the cheap one doesn't have a warranty or something along those lines??

Thanks for any help / advice.

Jowsey

Established Member
I'm pretty sure the last time I looked they send things from Hong Kong so there wont be any vat until it gets caught at the boarder then you'll pay vat, import duty and an admin fee. Additionally they are 'grey' imports so you will struggle to get the warranty honoured in the UK.

This was off like 4 years ago. they may have changed since then?

Carl Bower

Established Member
As jowsey said. They have about 4 different trading names. I looked to get a camera last year but as well as the high chance of getting hit with VAT I was out off from some of the horror stories of getting damaged goods back to them.

kahlua

Prominent Member
i bought a sony a6000 from them at a great price,there were no extra charges,i ordered on a monday,it arrived Wednesday fully tracked with ups from hk,and registered it with sony,no problems at all.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom