Anyone used diy-kitchens.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

GasDad

Remembered (1964-2012)
As per the thread title, has anyone used Trade prices for Second Nature Kitchens, Kitchen Doors, Units, Handles, Sinks and Taps

We are having extensive work done in our house, and have been getting quotes for a new kitchen from independents and John Lewis, Magnet etc.
(We've had prices from 20K - 30K).

However diy-kitchens.com do identical doors to one of the other companies we have looked at. But there price delivered (including the same appliances) would be around 11K - allowing 5K to get the granite elsewhere and its a big saving.

I'm confident I can put the kitchen together (cabinets come complete with doors/ drawers, handles and feet). - it looks trivial in comparison to a Wickes wardrobe.

Has anybody used them, how was the service etc

Thanks in advance,

GasDad

27neth

Distinguished Member
I have never used them, but at least the cabinets are 18mm unlike Magnets which supply 15mm which i would never buy.....

john

spidermanalf

Slightly off topic - If you have a young family, or anyone a little bit clumsy, wouldn't bother with a granite worktop, more trouble than they are worth. Never again!

Magslad

Novice Member
Slightly off topic - If you have a young family, or anyone a little bit clumsy, wouldn't bother with a granite worktop, more trouble than they are worth. Never again!
Not sure what you mean by that - our granite worktops have had a fair amount of abuse and they look as good as the day they were installed around 4 years ago.

GasDad

Remembered (1964-2012)
I have never used them, but at least the cabinets are 18mm unlike Magnets which supply 15mm which i would never buy.....

john
Magnet cabinets are 18mm and come with a 15year guarantee.

Having said that we thought the magent cabinets were poor (in comparison to John Lewis, William Ball, Wentworth, Second Nature, and Stoneham). Not the build quality, but more the fact each cabinet is not made to measure, so you end up with little plastic plugs filling in the unused holes.

But the Magnet design process, interactive on the screen in front of you was probably the best we experienced. (though I thought the software was somewhat archaic).

27neth

Distinguished Member
They used to be 15mm carcasses a couple of years ago :thumbsup: The Magnet sales man was trying to tell me it made no difference. I didnt tell him i had been fitting and repairing damaged kitchens for years :D

john..

Hi-Def

I have never used this place but i have a second nature kitchen oak kitchen and the quality is very good

ballochdoud

Standard Member
As per the thread title, has anyone used Trade prices for Second Nature Kitchens, Kitchen Doors, Units, Handles, Sinks and Taps

We are having extensive work done in our house, and have been getting quotes for a new kitchen from independents and John Lewis, Magnet etc.
(We've had prices from 20K - 30K).

However diy-kitchens.com do identical doors to one of the other companies we have looked at. But there price delivered (including the same appliances) would be around 11K - allowing 5K to get the granite elsewhere and its a big saving.

I'm confident I can put the kitchen together (cabinets come complete with doors/ drawers, handles and feet). - it looks trivial in comparison to a Wickes wardrobe.

Has anybody used them, how was the service etc

Thanks in advance,

GasDad
:clap::clap::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Hi from the date showing on your message you probably have used "DIY KITCHENS" by now .As we have the same
dilema could you please let us know how you got on? Were they good or not?:lease:

GasDad

Remembered (1964-2012)
:clap::clap::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Hi from the date showing on your message you probably have used "DIY KITCHENS" by now .As we have the same
dilema could you please let us know how you got on? Were they good or not?:lease:
The builders are now plastering - so once we have final dimensions (one section is a little tight) - we will almost certainly be ordering in the next couple of weeks.

We've had the sample doors etc. - all fine.

However my other half would like to see the cabinets as well, so we are travelling up to Pontefract, from Bristol next Monday to see them :rolleyes:

So far they've been very helpful when I've contacted them by phone.

I'll post updates in the future.

ballochdoud

Standard Member
The builders are now plastering - so once we have final dimensions (one section is a little tight) - we will almost certainly be ordering in the next couple of weeks.

We've had the sample doors etc. - all fine.

However my other half would like to see the cabinets as well, so we are travelling up to Pontefract, from Bristol next Monday to see them :rolleyes:

So far they've been very helpful when I've contacted them by phone.

I'll post updates in the future.
Hi,:D

Thanks for your prompt reply, glad its all sounding good, 'cos we've just bitten the bullet and ordered! fingers crossed, but would like to hear what you think after your visit.
Will check for your updates and let you know how it goes. Not expecting delivery until 27th July.:thumbsup:

GasDad

Remembered (1964-2012)
Hi,:D

Thanks for your prompt reply, glad its all sounding good, 'cos we've just bitten the bullet and ordered! fingers crossed, but would like to hear what you think after your visit.
Will check for your updates and let you know how it goes. Not expecting delivery until 27th July.:thumbsup:
Well we visited them - and what was described to me on the phone as their 'small showroom'.

Showroom was great (and very large - certainly bigger than any other I'd seen)

Had a tour of the factory, and saw orders being put together - nothing to criticize at all - and the quality of the carcasses looked very high - certainly better than say Magnet.

We will be ordering from them.

ballochdoud

Standard Member
Well we visited them - and what was described to me on the phone as their 'small showroom'.

Showroom was great (and very large - certainly bigger than any other I'd seen)

Had a tour of the factory, and saw orders being put together - nothing to criticize at all - and the quality of the carcasses looked very high - certainly better than say Magnet.

We will be ordering from them.
:clap::D:D
Thanks for getting in touch, you have put our mind in rest .
Thank you
:hiya: Ballochdoud:hiya:

johnny-17

We sell their products in our showroom ( at the SAME prices, under another brand name mind you) and the quality is very good.
We professionally design for a living so we can provide superior designs for the same price.

Just goes to show that the web is good be not always better/cheaper in the long run. (These are by no means the cheapest, but they do represent excellent value for what you pay)

And yes, some rooms do not really need 'designing' at the end of the day,
but just take your ideas/plans to some stores and see what 'really bad' plans are out there.
More and more suppliers 'just' want your money without earning you business in this industry.

KhalJimbo

Distinguished Member
Hi Gas Dad

I saw you said you are going to your kitchen from here, it looks like a pretty good place to go for and right now are on the top of my list price wise and they also seem to have everything I want in my kitchen look wise a fwe questions though,

1) How do you go about getting it all fitted
2) Do you just have to measure your kitchen and order accordingly?
3) Do they have people that come around and do the measuring for you?

I saw they have a show room in birmingham but I am in london and thats a bit far to go for me.

Thanks,

GasDad

Remembered (1964-2012)
Hi Gas Dad

I saw you said you are going to your kitchen from here, it looks like a pretty good place to go for and right now are on the top of my list price wise and they also seem to have everything I want in my kitchen look wise a fwe questions though,

1) How do you go about getting it all fitted
2) Do you just have to measure your kitchen and order accordingly?
3) Do they have people that come around and do the measuring for you?

I saw they have a show room in birmingham but I am in london and thats a bit far to go for me.

Thanks,
1) Fit it yourself - a very straightforward DIY task if you are having say granite or corian work surfaces (as someone else will then be responsible for getting that part right!). If you go for the gold delivery, even the doors are fitted. For the rest of it - I've no problem connecting the oven, induction hob, dishwasher etc. You could always employ a chippy / electrician / plumber as appropriate.

2) Yes - we measured accurately - laid it out using the alno software earlier in the thread, went through around 100 revision and even built part of it out of cardboard boxes in the garden to check the ergonomics.

3) No

The showroom is near Barnsley.

G

gonstartrek

Hi folks,

We are just on the point of ordering an inframe second nature kitchen from DIY-kitchens and would be curious to know how it went with your orders ?

Did they deliver in time ? Were you satisfied with the quality ?

Thanks
Steve

GasDad

Remembered (1964-2012)
Hi folks,

We are just on the point of ordering an inframe second nature kitchen from DIY-kitchens and would be curious to know how it went with your orders ?

Did they deliver in time ? Were you satisfied with the quality ?

Thanks
Steve

We haven't pressed the checkout button yet lol - though that will be happening tonight. (just trying to sort out which of the 46 handles are which size)

But from our visit to the showroom and factory (see earlier post) - we were very happy with the quality both doors and cabinets. Cabinets way better than magnet, doors at least as good.

Perhaps you could post your results to this thread (which seems to come up first in searches).

G

gonstartrek

Perhaps you could post your results to this thread (which seems to come up first in searches).

Well ordered it Wednesday afternoon on their website (got the confirmation email), but haven't heard anything back from them yet:(

GasDad

Remembered (1964-2012)
Well ordered it Wednesday afternoon on their website (got the confirmation email), but haven't heard anything back from them yet:(
We finally ordered on Saturday Evening (what an exciting life we lead ;) ) - and have also had the confirmation email etc.

Delivery is due on 27 August.

I'm not expecting anything other than the confirmation email until a week or so before delivery.

What are you expecting to hear back from them ?

G

gonstartrek

We finally ordered on Saturday Evening (what an exciting life we lead ;) ) - and have also had the confirmation email etc.

Delivery is due on 27 August.

I'm not expecting anything other than the confirmation email until a week or so before delivery.

What are you expecting to hear back from them ?
If you think your life is exciting, we were in bed by 10 on Saturday ! This is what happens when you have a wee one who is an extremely early bird (6 every day !) :boring:

Anyway. Yes, I was emailing them prior to that and they said they phone you after the order to discuss any alterations and to make sure we have ordered all the little bits. I did put a rather long comment in with several points I wanted to talk with them about. JUst surpirsed they haven't got back to me. I'll drop them a line.

Steve

G

gonstartrek

They phoned me this morning - on a Tuesday, after ordering on the Saturday before - just to clarify a couple of points.

:smashin:
Yes, they phoned me too yesterday. Very helpful. Mentioned that they were a bit 'manic' at the moment... NOw just looking forward to it ! I've put delivery back to 1st week in sept as we need to sort our floor first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews

Latest News

What's new on Netflix UK for December 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Warner Bros 2021 movies coming to HBO Max and cinemas simultaneously
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Disney+ UK for December 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
4K Streaming impacts carbon emissions says Royal Society
  • By Andy Bassett