1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone used Denon 2900 with their Alis plasma?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by cwoo, Jul 15, 2003.

1. cwoo

cwoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone connected their Denon 2900 to (Hitachi or Fuji) ALIS plasma, and can help confirm for me if this is an optimal configuration?

Just curious as I've read the threads that the ALIS screen will display interlaced much better than progressive, so does the 2900 enable you to select between interlaced and progressive? And if so, which is better for the Hitachi 42PD3000? On the other hand, if I want a hybrid player with the best display (interlaced?), am I SOL if the 2900 is (only?) progressive?

thanks for any advice!

2. cybersoga

cybersoga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    My Sony 930 in progressive mode produces a much better picture compared with interlace mode (the chroma appears to be higher resolution), full scren pans seem better too. I think my screen is Alis.

3. mw3cdj

mw3cdj
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    My 3800 produces a better picture when in progressive mode, and i have Alis screen.

4. cwoo

cwoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the input, guys.

Hmmm, this is contrary to those views I came across earlier re: PS and ALIS, but I suppose the final judgement is very personal.

5. bropa09

bropa09

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Interesting post. I got my new Hitachi 42PD3000 last night :) so decided to test progressive/interlaced. I've got a Pioneer 737 as my source.

The PQ seemed every so slightly worse with progressive scan as opposed to interlaced. It could be a function of the DVD player (want to upgrade fairly soon anyway), but interlaced was ever so slightly better. I realise this is all subjective anyway and down to an individual.

6. Joel

Joel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Speaking for the Hitachi, the panel's progressive function simply turns off when the panel is being fed a progressive signal. Therefore, if the players PS is better than the panel's, the PQ will consequently be better.

Joel