Anyone used Crystaltec for buying Plasma

Mr Ess

Prominent Member
Reaction score
They have the PW7 with component board for £1748.99 and am tempted apart from the fact that yesterday, I phoned them all day and they weren't answering their sales line and so I emailed their Techsupport team, dispatch team and their sales team and nobody has responded. I phoned them today and they have stock :boring:

Anyone else know where I can get this screen with component card for this price. Everyone else seems to be selling it with Scart (which was a free selling tool from Panasonic I heard).

Don't want scart, need component.

Hi
I bought my dmre55 from these and all was fine, good delivery time and no problems whatsoever.
Have been looking at this screen myself but there is big difference spending £200 as apposed to £2000 so i think av will be getting my money as soon as ive sorted my needs out.

a good after sales team is worth a few extra pound in my book.

Mark.

as5606 said:
They have the PW7 with component board for £1748.99 and am tempted apart from the fact that yesterday, I phoned them all day and they weren't answering their sales line and so I emailed their Techsupport team, dispatch team and their sales team and nobody has responded. I phoned them today and they have stock :boring:

Anyone else know where I can get this screen with component card for this price. Everyone else seems to be selling it with Scart (which was a free selling tool from Panasonic I heard).

Don't want scart, need component.

I bought a CRT from them and the after sales was ok when it needed taking back (faulty prog scan software). The refund was fairly swift too.

Having said that, I've bought my plasma from av-sales and their after sales service so far has been bloody amazing (I'm currently getting green screen through VGA and component). I'd say if you're spending that much to go with AV-Sales. They seem to be well regarded on here and I can now see why.

rafaqat

I too am wrestling with which retailer to go with. Everyone here seems to rate AV-Sales very highly which is important but at the same time I find their prices are higher than elsewhere.

So for me it boils down to their reputation of after sales service.

So if you don't mind me prying, how have they been helping with your 'green tint' issue.

Cheers,

Nigel

nheather said:
rafaqat

I too am wrestling with which retailer to go with. Everyone here seems to rate AV-Sales very highly which is important but at the same time I find their prices are higher than elsewhere.

So for me it boils down to their reputation of after sales service.

So if you don't mind me prying, how have they been helping with your 'green tint' issue.

Cheers,

Nigel

Really good. First bloke I spoke to on the phone asked me to try a couple of straight forward things. That didn't work so he said he's go away and talk to the tech people. He rang me up at 4.30 the same day to let me know that the tech guys were looking at the problem and he was just ringing to keep me informed of the situation. The next morning Andy rang me back to suggest a couple more things I could try to narrow down whether it was a cable problem or a plasma problem. That was yesterday. Today I rang them up to let them know that it seems to maybe be a plasma problem at about 10 o clock-ish. Now waiting for a call back. So, so far it's been really good, especially the fact that I'm not having to chase them up and they have rung me without prompting. A very different situation to when I had a problem with www.SoundAndVisionOnline.com. Having had to chase those ****s up everyday for a month made me realise that paying a little extra upfront for some decent service is more than worth it. I'll update this thread wit how it gets resolved if anyone is interested. So far AV-Sales get a thumbs up from me.

nheather said:
rafaqat

Its your money anbd your choice, bit there is far more too these thigs than price, if you want to buy on price alone go for it.......

Isn't the warranty with Panasonic and not the company you purchased from. I was told that if I had a problem with my PW7, I should contact Panasonic for an on-site warranty.

Just an update for anyone who cares. Got an email from AV-Sales with a returns form attached this afternoon. Filled it in, sent it back over email and a replacement plasma has already been authorised (which they informed me about and told me over email thayt somene should be ringing me soon). Just waiting for them to ring me to arrange a date. Now THAT's service.

Seriously, pay that little bit extra for the peace of mind you have when things go wrong. The last time my LCD Tv went wrong I was worried sick cos I had to chase the supplier up about taking it back (I eventually had to drive down and drop it off myself), getting through to customer service took 1/2 hour at time and they never rang back even when they promised they would. In the end I had to threaten them with small claims court before they finally rang me back and gave me my money back.

AV-Sales so far have been great. I've not worried at all, I've got on with my life and they've been the ones ringing and mailing me to let me know what's going on. I'd take that sort of service over price anyday. How much more expensive are they than other shops you've looked at?

as5606 said:
Isn't the warranty with Panasonic and not the company you purchased from. I was told that if I had a problem with my PW7, I should contact Panasonic for an on-site warranty.
For repairs yes but if its DOA its the retailer see NickG thread now thats service...also do crystaltec offer extended warranty? i personally would not be happy buying a Plasma with just 12 mkonths warranty, 3 years minimum...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom