1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone used celestion C series

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by sibeer, Jul 25, 2005.

1. sibeer

sibeer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +123
    I am currently looking to build a new set of 6.1 speakers and have 2 options. I have been offered a set of Celestion C Series including 4 C1's, 2 C4c's and a C6S for £500. Alternatively I can build a system around my old B&W DM620s. These were my first speakers and I have a huge love for their sound. I would be looking to marry them up with 2 CC6 S2 Centres, and a pair of B&W standmounts such as the DM610's or the DM602's. I would finish this setup with a sub for £200 - £300, such as the Mission 78AS I have been offered for £200.

I believe this setup should come to about £500 also. I am just wondering if someone can help me out who may have heard the Celestions. I am buying all this via mail order and cannot test the system out. I am using a Denon 6.1 system from about 3 years ago (1804 Maybe). My current speakers are Energy Take 5.1 system that will be relegated to my Teac AG-H550.

Any information or opinions on these two possible systems (or suggestions of better alternatives for the money) will be very gladly heard. Thanks for your time and help :smashin:

2. sibeer

sibeer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +123
    bump

3. Weidass

Weidass
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    i had a set of c ones. for what they were, they were pretty good. i read in a review that these speakers were treble happy , and they were right. so they were perfect for me. the sound is really sharp and the bass, well, for the price, its (in my opinion) fine. although, you can pick up a brand new pair of these for 99.99 if u look around so try and beat the price down a tad. 400 to 450 if u can get it.

4. sibeer

sibeer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +123
    Thanks for the advice. I will definately be seeing if I can get some more cash off. Has anyone used them in a home cinema setup? I reallly need to know if they will cut the mustard. Otherwise it will probably be all too tempting to stick with the sound I know and go B&W.