1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone used CDUniverse?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by dr_mabuse, Oct 28, 2003.

1. dr_mabuse

dr_mabuse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    I ask because they come up cheapest occasionally when I use dvdpricecheck.com (when you factor in the shipping) for R1 stuff, and I've not heard or seen much about them here.

Just wondered if anyone had experience (good or bad) with them for reliability of delivery / cust. support etc.

Cheers all

dr_m

PS
    Doing a search reveals every mention bar one is in the games forums - guess they're the dogs for imports in that arena perhaps?

2. AlanL

AlanL
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The shipping costs on DVD Price Check should be taken with a pinch of salt. If you are ordering box sets on CD Universe, each disc in the set is taken as an individual item, thus a 4-disk set would cost $6.99 + 3 x $1.50. This is similar to several other Region 1 dealers, but CD Universe is one of the more expensive for shipping.

Delivery is reliable, but not the quickest, usually about 10 days.

They print the actual price of the item (not including the shipping cost) on the envelope, thus any item over about $30 is easy pickings for Customs.

I tend to use them only for cheaper, single-disc items these days.