1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anyone used cable from KnuKonceptz

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by creed, Jan 23, 2004.

1. creed

creed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    take a look at the www.knukonceptz.com

i noticed the speaker cables over there well priced and seems like of high quality, i am thinking of getting the "Karma 12AWG Biwire" to wire my front, and the "Karma 12AWG" to wire my centre since my centre is not bi-wirable...and the "Klear Cable Blue 12AWG" to wire my rear...any opinions on these cables.?.coz i thought they seems to very reasonably priced and how does it compare to IXOS cable.?.at first i was trying to buy some IXOS cable, but their product range seems to be very wide and sometimes i don't understand their cable's specification...

for the Karma 12AWG Biwire, when i combining two of the conductor as one to connect to the speaker terminal at the back of receiver, i guess it will be very thick, so can a banana plug accept the 2 12AWG condutor?

another question for terminating the wire is, if i was using a screw type banana plug, did i need to solder the cable and the banana plug to make it air tight.?.or i just screw it and its ok?

so if you guys knows some other alternative brand, please recommend me, i wish to biwire my front, while the centre and rear will be single-wire...if talking about IXOS cable, which IXOS range you guys recommend.?.

2. creed

creed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    and i've read some articles that stating don't waste too much money on cable, they recommend buying some 14gague 4 conductor inwall speaker cable, and combining each of the 2 conductor as one, then just use it and it yield very good result, but i notice normally these cable (14gauge 4 conductor) strand count is very limited...how many strand should i expect to get a good result.?.coz i've been told that lesser strand of the wire will put more stress on a receiver, so higher strand count wire is better....

any particular brand, model to recommend?

3. EddyP

EddyP
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    knu konceptz cables are really good, i use their rca cables in my car.
    You can buy them in the uk from www.bladeice.com