Question Anyone used AVSHD,Contrast setting.

_Dragon_

The brightness was easy,But im struggling to adjust my contrast right as its saying adjust your contrast so 230-234 or above flashes,Well all of the numbers flash even if its at 0 or 100% contrast.

scottthehat

Distinguished Member
thats good then. just make sure you dont get a colour shift high up the white level as it can shift the greyscale.

_Dragon_

Hi

I must be reading the setup wrong because having the contrast up high cant be good. Im thinking im not reading it right because of this thread:

Last edited:

scottthehat

Distinguished Member
it just means make sure you have them 4 bars flashing as that's reference white, anything above is extra and a bonus, alot of content wont have this anyway.

scottthehat

Distinguished Member
Because that guy when he ups his contrast it gets ride of bars above 234 then hes not hurting anything just using any extra headroom he may have, but its not needed as content should not have anything above 234 white but it does. my plasma if you if the contrast i can get them to all go, but my led/lcd i can go right upto 100 with no issue.

_Dragon_

I got you now, i shall have to have another play with my lcd.

So its not going to affect the picture quality if the contrast is as high as 90. I can turn it up to max without it showing any pink.

Last edited:

scottthehat

Distinguished Member
nope it will be fine. dont worry.

_Dragon_

So should the backlight be set first before you do the other settings? If i do the other settings first then having the backlight on 33 is easy on the eyes any higher its to bright.

scottthehat

Distinguished Member
yeah backlight black level then white level.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom