Anyone used AV.com and Wharfedale d300 3d speakers

password1

Distinguished Member
Solutions
Reaction score

I've never used or heard of av.com before.

customer service good? are they legit?

I've not seen these speakers recommended on this forum.. are they any good?

These are much cheaper than other height/atmos speakers on the market.

It’s audiovisual online. Bought out by the gear4music company. It’s now crap in my opinion. Had to get a new password, lost all benefits like daily deals, 10% off warehouse. A real backwards step for us buyers or so it seems.

Maybe someone from AVO can give us a perspective?

To be fair, I’ve bought from gear4music so I’d be happy to purchase from the site. It’s just a shame they had to adopt their web interface.

It’s actually upset me quite a bit as I liked that site.

Rant over. Hope the staff are being looked after.

Hi All,

As some of you have seen/heard AudioVisual Online was acquired by Gear4Music during 2021. We understand that not all maybe aware and we also know we've also seen a few teething issues to during the changes

Thankfully, most are now sorted now and yes some features are currently not available as yet (like the 10% which I have been communicating or warehouse deals). But I have to mention that there are new features to, with Gear4Music becoming our parent company, we now offer many of the same features they do like 5 year warranties as standard across almost every product we sell, 30 day money back guarantee and home trials (which I've had communicated over the telephone is now 60 days giving you more time to try at home, so if you are interested in this, do get in contact to see if the product you are looking for is available on this option)

I'm happy to report that all the Staff you may have come into contact with over the years are still in Bacup as they were before Gear4Music and the key bit of information is that both AV.COM and Gears4Music are still offering the same great levels of service you have come to expect from AudioVisual Online in the past and nothing has changed here. Thankfully, both companies follow the same philosophy and that is to give you, the customer, the best experience you can have which is still paramount to us all

For those interested, AudioVisual Online was rebranded Mid January 2022. The company was known as AV Online on these Forums and has been an Assured Advertisers since 2008. I have been on for a little longer as I was employed before at Roy Jowett AV before as many will know

Anyone currently looking for any of our older deals/warehouse deals/etc.. then you'll need to keep an eye out for Ex-Demo and Nearly New products which is where you will find them. We understand how many expect to find these types of products and are currently communicating this, but sometimes, these things just take a little longer, but we are hoping that the terminology will be back with us soon

The password change was because of the migration from our old website to the new rebranded AV.com website. This has affected everyone who has an account including me

I hope this clears up a few areas for everyone and if you have any question which I can answer, please drop me a PM or contact us in the same way you have always do at the showroom

Apologies for the delay, but for some reason, this message with my name tagged to it hasn't come through in my emails, otherwise I would have commented much earlier

Regards, Shane from AV.COM

Last edited:

I've never used or heard of av.com before.

customer service good? are they legit?

I've not seen these speakers recommended on this forum.. are they any good?

These are much cheaper than other height/atmos speakers on the market.
DEAR ALL,

Firstly, I would like to thank all the members and creators of this wonderful website.

I have had Denon X3400H with Monitor Audio Bronze5 5.1 for more than 5 years. Now looking to add front 2 height channels for atmos and came across Wharfedale D300 3D surround speakers. I read about all but this pair for less than £120 seems like an obvious choice for me.

SO, CAN ANYBODY TELL ME IF THESE SPEAKERS ARE ANY GOOD PLEASE? I spent whole weekend googling to find what audiophiles think of WHARFEDALE D300 3D SURROUND SPEAKERS. Seems spec is good and also good in appearance and half the price of its competitors, but none shared any experience of using them. No reviews available on other websites either. Finally, the impression I got is .. audiophiles only like expensive gear?.

The members who tried these speakers (Wharfedale D300 3D surround), pls respond. Thank you in advance.

From many user’s experience, I feel you will struggle to find a more accomplished Atmos speaker at the price point than these speakers as they’re highly rated by all who own, and experience them and I don’t feel it will be long before others users comment

Are they best money can buy, probably note, but as I’ve mentioned, at their price point, if you want dedicate purpose built Atmos speakers which mounts on the wall or used as an upward firing speaker, they will serve you well

Last edited:
From many user’s experience, I feel you will struggle to find a more accomplished Atmos speaker at the price point than these speakers as they’re highly rated by all who own, and experience them and I don’t feel it will be long before others users comment

Are they best money can buy, probably note, but as I’ve mentioned, at their price point, if you want dedicate purpose built Atmos speakers which mounts on the wall or used as an upward firing speaker, they will serve you well
Hi Shane, whats your opinion on freq response of this speaker (D300 3D), starting at 100Hz. Also, what do you think of Dali Alteco C1. All the top end Atmos speakers start around 70Hz but the general recommendation for crossover freq is 100-120Hz.

I’ve no bias against either in truth and in the real world. The reason is unless you are flicking between more than one speaker type, you will not notice any issues regarding the frequency differences. Both speakers will have there own characteristics, but as for the frequency differences the AV Receiver will also pass the signal differences from each speaker to the woofer (remember bass is omnidirectional meaning you cannot tell where it’s coming from if set up correctly) to bridge the gap between the two speakers you have mentioned

The beauty of Atmos, is timber isn’t as important as other speakers in the setup allowing your to pick and choose for the aesthetics. Some of this is because of the information sent which is also a lot less than the other speakers in the setup

Thank you so much Shane, appreciate your insightful inputs. Placed an order today on your website AV.com. Its very assuring to have someone from AV.com active on this platform, I am sure it will boost your sales big way.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom