1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone used AskDirect?

Discussion in 'Shopping, Deals, Discounts & Bargains' started by No vote Joe, Jan 14, 2003.

1. No vote Joe

No vote Joe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've not done much purchasing over the web, and am looking for a digital camera (Olympus c300zoom).

Pricerunner came up with the best deal with AskDirect, but can you be sure that you are not getting some cheap import?

I rang them direct and they assured me that it was genuine UK stock, but i've been warned that you can make imports appear like genuine UK stock.

If anyone can put in a good word for these people or dealt with them i'd be very grateful.

Mnay thanks, Joe

2. GlennC

GlennC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Joe,

I used ASKdirect for my Sennheiser hd600 headphones and had no problems

glenn

3. harry66

harry66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    I bought my Panasonic NVGS5 Digi Camcorder from the Ask store on Tot. Court Rd a few weeks ago for a bargain £550 and it is definitely a UK model. Came with the UK Warranty card etc.

It was much cheaper than any other store on the Web etc so I asked to confirm that it was not a grey import and they were positive it was a UK item.

4. No vote Joe

No vote Joe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys,

However, I have been put onto the Jessop's Price Match. As long as the offer is a uk company, is uk stock and is in stock, Jessop's will match it, web or not!

Web price from the High Street

Joe