anyone used a grey screen with the AE100 ??

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by gizlaroc, Jun 1, 2002.

1. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +829
    well the subject says it all really.

i was in the market for a Barco but there is nothing in my price bracket at the momement , and I am seriously thinking about the AE100 as a stop gap.

I already have a DA-Lite grey screen, the one with 1.3 gain, that is 60" width , i bought it to use with my plus, which i sold to buy a barco, but somthing happened to the barco i was going to buy.

what i want to know is whether the panasonic is bright enough to use with this screen ??

was thinking i could get the panasonic, use it for a couple of months with the screen i have, and when a barco comes along sell it with the screen without too much of a loss.

but dont want to get one to find i have to buy a new screen too.

so anyone using a grey screen ???

2. richard plumb

richard plumb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,051
    I don't have the projector yet, but I did demo one and played with both white and grey projection surfaces.

IMO the panasonic is more than bright enough to use a grey screen (in a light controlled room). I had the light intensity set to low and that was plenty, so there is headroom there if needed. Personally I found Ice storm 5 a little too dark (some stars started disappearing in Final Fantasy), so Ice Storm 6 or halfway between 5 & 6 would be fine. That was on low light too.

3. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +829
    cheers richard

that gives me another option then :)