1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone used a Behringer UltraCurve Pro?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by NicolasB, Sep 4, 2003.

1. NicolasB

NicolasB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +520
    This may not be the right forum for this question, I don't know....

Anyhow: as a strictly short-term stop-gap measure (while I review my options as to acoustic treatments) I was thinking about getting a not-too-expensive graphic equaliser or parametric equaliser for my front stereo channels to compensate for some annoying room modes. I wondered how the Behringer UltraCurve holds up for its price. Does it mangle the sound so badly it's worse than useless? Is there a better (but not too much more expensive) alternative?

Mr Buns (hi there! :hiya: ) - has previously suggested a QSC DSP4, which sounds interesting, but that's at a price level where I'd have to be planning on keeping it to justify buying one!

Edit: Actually I didn't explain that very well: it isn't just a question of room acoustics - I think I am also going to need something that lets me turn up the treble for especially poor quality Sky broadcasts. But the original question about the Behringer device remains.

2. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi there! :D

I got recommended having a look at rane equalisers (i think). They are analoguey affairs but a fair few of the US guys seemed convinced it was good. Again it might be expensive unless you can find one used. And i think that the equaliser that svs recommend is supposed to be fairly good..... though these are not graphic affairs and to be honest i was always wondering how such simple devices could match to a complex thing like the BFD (or the ultracurve?).

Ad