Anyone use word with a touchscreen laptop?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Fat_Tony, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Fat_Tony

Fat_Tony
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,072
    Hi, I'm considering getting one of the cheaper touchscreen laptops, just so I'm not tied to my desk so much at work (I work from a home office)

Every day I have to update a huge word document by searching the order number, then highlighting the product before changing the text colour to red so I know it's been received. Not exactly cutting edge but it works for the purpose I need. It's also very very tedious.

I'm hoping with touchscreen and word I could sort of swipe my finger across a line of text to edit it. Is that possible or does word not really use the touchscreen features?

Would be very interested to hear how anyone else finds these touchscreen laptops. I've had Ipads etc but they couldn't work well enough for what I needed for work so I got rid and now alternate between my kindle hd and my phone for basic browsing.

I'd love a nice gadget that actually helped with my work, but if a touchscreen laptop wouldn't do it I'll have to look at a regular laptop

Thanks for any replies

2. Fat_Tony

Fat_Tony
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,072
    Quick update, its now arrived and works exactly how I hoped with word using touchscreen

I went for the Asus 14" touchscreen from amazon, im really, really pleased with it so far and would absolutely recommend it.