1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone use an IRMan?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Calzor Suzay, Sep 23, 2001.

1. Calzor Suzay

Calzor Suzay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +193
    I'm looking to dump an old PC under my stairs to act as an mp3 jukebox and run a SB L!ve card off it connected to my Yamaha DSP-A1 via the optical connector but controlling it seems to be my only problem.

After a bit of digging around the IRMan looks good but not sure if I can extend the box from the puny 1.5m of cabling to about 5m so I can bring it out from under the stairs to my lounge.

Anyone know if I can extend it or power becomes a problem or any other alternatives or suggestions? I'd like to keep it InfraRed and not hardwired from a control perspective.

2. GarryF

GarryF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +299
    I have an IRMan, dunno if it would if the cable was extended but I would guess it would.

If I was you I would try it with an extension cable, if it doesn't work you can always buy some IR repeaters from letsautomate.com which would work.