Anyone use an Ikea uppleva tv bracket on a 65 inch tv?

Hi,

I’ve got a Samsung QE65Q9FN (been in a box in the spare room for about 6 weeks which is killing me!!), plus a Bose SoundTouch 300 sound bar. Does anyone have any experience of the Besta plus Uppleva and whether it will work with my TV and leave enough space for the soundbar?
Thanks

Read through ALL these replies TWICE just to make sure I didn't miss anything.

To those out there that have this question and are still lost, I know how much this info can help, as there isn't a lot [currently] out there to answer this question. So here goes...

I have the following:

TV Mount & Bracket Kit: Ikea UPPLEVA Bracket for TV, swivel, light gray (original cost) $59.99
Link: UPPLEVA Bracket for TV, swivel - IKEA

TV Bench/Furniture: BESTÅ TV unit, Lappviken, Sindvik white (or black brown) w/clear glass
Link:BESTÅ TV unit - Lappviken/Sindvik black-brown clear glass, drawer runner, push-open - IKEA

My TV Model: LG OLED 65 B7P
Link: LG OLED65B7P: 65-inch OLED 4K HDR Smart TV | LG USA
Specs (dimensions): 65 inch, 50.9 lbs (without stand)

Here to say that this combination absolutely works fine. I had to move the swivel bracket part down two notches so my TV wasn't so high up, giving more stability. Made sure to cautiously consider the TV's weight, being well under the maximum mount load of 66 lbs by at least 10-11 lbs.

Hope this helped. Good luck!
Sorry for late reply, out of interest do you have a photo of this in place?

Read through ALL these replies TWICE just to make sure I didn't miss anything.

To those out there that have this question and are still lost, I know how much this info can help, as there isn't a lot [currently] out there to answer this question. So here goes...

I have the following:

TV Mount & Bracket Kit: Ikea UPPLEVA Bracket for TV, swivel, light gray (original cost) $59.99
Link: UPPLEVA Bracket for TV, swivel - IKEA

TV Bench/Furniture: BESTÅ TV unit, Lappviken, Sindvik white (or black brown) w/clear glass
Link:BESTÅ TV unit - Lappviken/Sindvik black-brown clear glass, drawer runner, push-open - IKEA

My TV Model: LG OLED 65 B7P
Link: LG OLED65B7P: 65-inch OLED 4K HDR Smart TV | LG USA
Specs (dimensions): 65 inch, 50.9 lbs (without stand)

Here to say that this combination absolutely works fine. I had to move the swivel bracket part down two notches so my TV wasn't so high up, giving more stability. Made sure to cautiously consider the TV's weight, being well under the maximum mount load of 66 lbs by at least 10-11 lbs.

Hope this helped. Good luck!

Did anyone use the Uppleva bracket with a Bestå tv unit, on a 65" since this post were created?
I see that JJMedia23 just appeared once, and haven't been online since the day he wrote this very interesting post.
I am curious how high a 65 LG OLED will be, and what JJMedia23 meant by moving the swiwel bracket part down two notches. DYI, or are there adjustment possibilities with the stand?

My Sony KDL-XD8599 55" fits perfectly fine. I don't see why a 65" wouldn't fit as long as it's under 30kg.

Did anyone use the Uppleva bracket with a Bestå tv unit, on a 65" since this post were created?
I see that JJMedia23 just appeared once, and haven't been online since the day he wrote this very interesting post.
I am curious how high a 65 LG OLED will be, and what JJMedia23 meant by moving the swiwel bracket part down two notches. DYI, or are there adjustment possibilities with the stand?

I think he means in a step towards the end it shows for bigger screens to use the top holes on the back bracket. I believe there are 4 heights. Using lower holes run the risk of the TV being too low but because the OLED VESA holes are so low it would sit too high on the mount so it is to compensate for it.

I can help if required as I have the mount and besta stand :)

Attachments

• MVIMG_20190902_084347.jpg
    MVIMG_20190902_084347.jpg
    356 KB · Views: 3,142
I think he means in a step towards the end it shows for bigger screens to use the top holes on the back bracket. I believe there are 4 heights. Using lower holes run the risk of the TV being too low but because the OLED VESA holes are so low it would sit too high on the mount so it is to compensate for it.

I can help if required as I have the mount and besta stand :)
Thanks for your answer.
So you have a 65" on a Bestå stand with Uppleva too?
Could I see a picture of your setup?

Thanks for your answer.
So you have a 65" on a Bestå stand with Uppleva too?
Could I see a picture of your setup?

Sorry no, I have a 55" but a 65" would work if under 30kg (especially an LG OLED due to being mounted higher.

I've just moved my 55" down in anticipation of my new E9 55". Here's what the back looks like now so it should help you.

My current 55" now sits 1cm from the top of the besta cabinet and the VESA mount is dead centre.

Attachments

• MVIMG_20190903_153612.jpg
    MVIMG_20190903_153612.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 3,560
I can confirm a 65" fits. I've just upgraded and a 65" LG fits and it's 27kg. It's on the last holes as above.

Hi, can any of you help me regarding this uppleva bracket. I previously only used the fixed part. Moved house and now want to add the swivel part but when you fix it to the back part it sits at an angle going up slightly. (Checked with spirit level) When i click my tv on it sits out at the bottom and if you swivel to the left the tv sits at an angle-up at right side. This looks awful. I phoned Ikeas assembly helpline which was basically a young female looking at same instructions i had but she didnt have a clue. Basically waste of time & just tough you should have checked that part when you bought it-2 years ago. I appreciate its 2yrs but why offer helpline when they havent a clue.
Anybody had this problem?

Thanks

Hi, can any of you help me regarding this uppleva bracket. I previously only used the fixed part. Moved house and now want to add the swivel part but when you fix it to the back part it sits at an angle going up slightly. (Checked with spirit level) When i click my tv on it sits out at the bottom and if you swivel to the left the tv sits at an angle-up at right side. This looks awful. I phoned Ikeas assembly helpline which was basically a young female looking at same instructions i had but she didnt have a clue. Basically waste of time & just tough you should have checked that part when you bought it-2 years ago. I appreciate its 2yrs but why offer helpline when they havent a clue.
Anybody had this problem?

Thanks

I don't believe mine is like that. It's level and the TV doesn't have an angle at all.

Thanks, must be my bracket. I have contacted Ikea through Facebook with photos showing a spirit level on the bracket. I will see if they have any suggestions. I took it off and attached the bracket again but its the same

Thanks, must be my bracket. I have contacted Ikea through Facebook with photos showing a spirit level on the bracket. I will see if they have any suggestions. I took it off and attached the bracket again but its the same

Could you pop your photos on here and I can compare with mine :)

I dont know if this will work posting the photos..
There should be a photo of the spirit level on the bracket, you cant really see the bubble its to the right of the right line, then i put spirit level on the end. So this is why i think tv sticks out slightly at the bottom.
Then there should be a 2 photos showing that as soon as i swivel bracket left the bubble disappears and this is when the right side of tv is pushed up slightly-but enough to look awful
I have never posted photos so i dont know if this will work sorry0767286C-3DCA-4FE7-B29E-4F88BA6DFCAB.jpeg

Attachments

• BB2697A5-64DB-4EB9-9292-2DB8F25DB006.jpeg
    BB2697A5-64DB-4EB9-9292-2DB8F25DB006.jpeg
    530.9 KB · Views: 3,179
  • 6A3DA12A-6B26-41B3-AF97-3F3794E1C90B.jpeg
    6A3DA12A-6B26-41B3-AF97-3F3794E1C90B.jpeg
    415.7 KB · Views: 2,863
  • 355AA7E4-56EA-489B-BD0B-D4F36FDF7FCF.jpeg
    355AA7E4-56EA-489B-BD0B-D4F36FDF7FCF.jpeg
    391 KB · Views: 3,209
Yeah, mine isn't like that. It is pretty much flat and certainly doesn't make my screen stick out anyway.

Thanks very much for taking the time to check yours, much appreciated.
I will see what they say if they get back to me via facebook

No problem. I'd pop in store if you can with it. IKEA are usually pretty good in my experience.

I wanted to report back to say I've just got a new TV and it goes up on the left (looking at the TV) by 8mm. I don't notice it too much but it does.

I think it's because one side of the TV is heavier than the other.

Are you watching your tv with the swivel bracket facing straight or angled? Its when i turn the tv left or right it gets tilted upwards and by several centimetres. It is so noticeable you would struggle to watch it.
Because i bought the bracket 2yrs Ikea are pretty much saying tough even though i had never used the swivel bracket part before.
I have been told twice online “maybe its your wall that is not straight” this after i sent photos and a link to the product, then told maybe i had not clicked the tv onto the bracket properly.
I mean really i may be a female but i am not stupid unlike them who obviously have not even looked to see what the item is!!
They have lost my custom for sure, their customer service dont have a clue it seems

Are you watching your tv with the swivel bracket facing straight or angled? Its when i turn the tv left or right it gets tilted upwards and by several centimetres. It is so noticeable you would struggle to watch it.
Because i bought the bracket 2yrs Ikea are pretty much saying tough even though i had never used the swivel bracket part before.
I have been told twice online “maybe its your wall that is not straight” this after i sent photos and a link to the product, then told maybe i had not clicked the tv onto the bracket properly.
I mean really i may be a female but i am not stupid unlike them who obviously have not even looked to see what the item is!!
They have lost my custom for sure, their customer service dont have a clue it seems

No head on :( sorry.

Thanks for letting me know. I doubt i will ever get Ikea to admit there is a problem despite sending photos showing how bad the bracket is.

Hi all, I'm considering this, I have the Sony 65XE9305 which is 38.2 Kgs, do you guys think this would work?

Hi all, I'm considering this, I have the Sony 65XE9305 which is 38.2 Kgs, do you guys think this would work?

I think off memory that it’s only rated to 30kg by Ikea? I know my 55B7 is significantly lighter and has no troubles. Sorry hopefully someone else can help?

Looking for info on how adjustable this is - I have a besta bench so should be compatible but I have units across the top (I have two 64cm units stacked on top of each other either side across the room, then units across). End result is headroom of about 87.5cm. LG65C9 is 85.2cm tall on its stand which is probably too tight for comfort

would this stand let me adjust finely the height to maybe put it a tiny bit lower? Or is it just 3-4 preset positions?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom