Anyone use an Ikea uppleva tv bracket on a 65 inch tv?

tigermad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a 180cm wide besta tv cabinet. I was looking at purchasing the above since it looks like a good compromise if you don’t want to mount your tv on the wall. Problem is only seems to accept TVs up to 55 inch. I think this may be because the mount will not be tall enough. Has anyone managed to fit one on a 65?

UPPLEVA Bracket for TV, swivel Light grey 37-55 " - IKEA

Otherwise maybe I can buy one of these type and it will be mostly hidden if I put the besta in front of it?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Swivel-Floor-Stand-Samsung-Phillips-U-600A/dp/B071RXS2ZP

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
@tigermad, I have moved your thread in here as it is a more relevant forum. Alternatively, you could try the classifieds.

It's not really the height that is the issue and more that standard VESA Mount size of the screens. Unfortunately IKEA don't list the VESA size of the Uppleva but if you know the make and model of the screen you're looking to use I might be able to check the compatibility for you.

It's not really the height that is the issue and more that standard VESA Mount size of the screens. Unfortunately IKEA don't list the VESA size of the Uppleva but if you know the make and model of the screen you're looking to use I might be able to check the compatibility for you.

Hi Shane. Thanks for the reply. It’s a 65 inch LG e6

I've just had a look at the screen and it's VESA 400 x 200. Still can't find much on the IKEA bracket but that should be covered in it's range. If you want to urge on the side of caution I would say it might be worth heading to an Ikea and measuring one up yourself to see if the mount can take that width. Height wise you should have no issues because the VESA holes looks to be towards the bottom of the LG E6.

Just as a side note, mind the weight I think the Uppleva has a max load of 30kgs. I'm in the same position and not sure what to do

I just had a look at this bracket as I'm considering something similar myself.

From reading the installation notes it looks like the Uppleva is designed for specific cabinets that have a cutout for it. There's no info about which cabinets it works with though.

I've just emailed Ikea for more info.

Screen Shot 2017-10-24 at 15.23.11.png

I just had a look at this bracket as I'm considering something similar myself.

From reading the installation notes it looks like the Uppleva is designed for specific cabinets that have a cutout for it. There's no info about which cabinets it works with though.

I've just emailed Ikea for more info.

View attachment 928199

Hi. I have the besta cabinet. It works with these.

Hi. I have the besta cabinet. It works with these.

Thanks, I guess it wouldn’t work with the single Besta cube?
Looks like it’s for the Besta tv cabinet range.

Another question (sorry @tigermad, I seem to have hijacked your thread)...

If I go down the Besta route and fit the Uppleva bracket... what is the maximum amount of gap you can get between the bottom of the screen (using a big tv, probably 55") and the top of the cabinet?

I want to put my centre speaker on top of the cabinet, but obviously don't want it to block the screen.

Another question (sorry @tigermad, I seem to have hijacked your thread)...

If I go down the Besta route and fit the Uppleva bracket... what is the maximum amount of gap you can get between the bottom of the screen (using a big tv, probably 55") and the top of the cabinet?

I want to put my centre speaker on top of the cabinet, but obviously don't want it to block the screen.

I would also be interested in finding this out too.

I have a 180cm wide besta tv cabinet. I was looking at purchasing the above since it looks like a good compromise if you don’t want to mount your tv on the wall. Problem is only seems to accept TVs up to 55 inch. I think this may be because the mount will not be tall enough. Has anyone managed to fit one on a 65?

UPPLEVA Bracket for TV, swivel Light grey 37-55 " - IKEA

Otherwise maybe I can buy one of these type and it will be mostly hidden if I put the besta in front of it?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Swivel-Floor-Stand-Samsung-Phillips-U-600A/dp/B071RXS2ZP
Hi mate, did you manage to test this out?

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Did anyone ever use one of these stands in the end? It looks perfect for me, I want to get the Besta 180cm and mount a Panasonic 58DX750B to this stand (it's under the 30kgs limit), that should work shouldn't it? Anyone know what Ikea are like for returns if it doesn't fit?

I’ve just got one. In theory it all fits my ks7500 just needed to order some longer M8 screws then supplied. These come in a week so will let you know how it goes.

Ikea have always been alright with returns in my experience.

Hi Pottsy, is your ks7500 a 65 inch?
I am most likely going to get the ikea tv bench plus the uppleva bracket in next few months and wall mount it so it has the floating look but for now a 50 inch will go on it. Eventually it will have a 65 inch tv on it if its possible.
Just like tigermad (OP) im worried the height of the uppleva bracket won't be sufficient to accommodate a 65 inch tv.

Hi Pottsy, is your ks7500 a 65 inch?
I am most likely going to get the ikea tv bench plus the uppleva bracket in next few months and wall mount it so it has the floating look but for now a 50 inch will go on it. Eventually it will have a 65 inch tv on it if its possible.
Just like tigermad (OP) im worried the height of the uppleva bracket won't be sufficient to accommodate a 65 inch tv.
It’s a 55inch. I’ll take a pic and let you know the clearance when it’s all up. Hopefully have it done this next week.

I got one of these brackets at the weekend but couldn't find a way to match up with the screw holes on my Panasonic (400x200). It's going back. Anyone else have any joy?

I got one of these brackets at the weekend but couldn't find a way to match up with the screw holes on my Panasonic (400x200). It's going back. Anyone else have any joy?

Just out of interest what was the issue? I have one currently with a 55" Samsung on (400x400), but thinking on changing to a TV which uses 300x200. Wouldn't want to swap and I find I can't use the bracket...

Just out of interest what was the issue? I have one currently with a 55" Samsung on (400x400), but thinking on changing to a TV which uses 300x200. Wouldn't want to swap and I find I can't use the bracket...

I should preface this by saying I am terrible at DIY etc but i couldn't get the holes to line up at all, it would've slipped and gave me no confidence it could hold the TV securely at all....

Have you sorted this yet??

I used mine with an LG, 300x200 and it’s ok. Sits a bit high but it’s solid.

My ax902 is rated 35 kg. So back to the drawing board.

Read through ALL these replies TWICE just to make sure I didn't miss anything.

To those out there that have this question and are still lost, I know how much this info can help, as there isn't a lot [currently] out there to answer this question. So here goes...

I have the following:

TV Mount & Bracket Kit: Ikea UPPLEVA Bracket for TV, swivel, light gray (original cost) $59.99
Link: UPPLEVA Bracket for TV, swivel - IKEA

TV Bench/Furniture: BESTÅ TV unit, Lappviken, Sindvik white (or black brown) w/clear glass
Link:BESTÅ TV unit - Lappviken/Sindvik black-brown clear glass, drawer runner, push-open - IKEA

My TV Model: LG OLED 65 B7P
Link: LG OLED65B7P: 65-inch OLED 4K HDR Smart TV | LG USA
Specs (dimensions): 65 inch, 50.9 lbs (without stand)

Here to say that this combination absolutely works fine. I had to move the swivel bracket part down two notches so my TV wasn't so high up, giving more stability. Made sure to cautiously consider the TV's weight, being well under the maximum mount load of 66 lbs by at least 10-11 lbs.

Hope this helped. Good luck!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom