Quantcast

Anyone use an Ikea uppleva tv bracket on a 65 inch tv?

WhiteEyedGecko

I have the exact TV and the bracket. It's 90cm from the Besta unit to the top of the TV.

Note: as the TV is heavier on one side it is tilted to the right by about 1cm. I'm not sure if I'm going to scrap the bracket to be honest although you can't tell while watching TV.

richard plumb

Distinguished Member
Does the installation rely on the besta being pushed up against a wall for strength? Mine is about 6-9 inches away from the wall so effectively free standing. I can’t find instructions online so only have the photos showing it screwing into the base of the bench

WhiteEyedGecko

Does the installation rely on the besta being pushed up against a wall for strength? Mine is about 6-9 inches away from the wall so effectively free standing. I can’t find instructions online so only have the photos showing it screwing into the base of the bench
Nope. Mine is up against the skirting board but isn't fixed to the wall.

Bobo09

Novice Member
The uppleva bracket was fine for my old samsung plasma tv as i only had the flat plate fitted. When i changed to a sony led at new house i needed the swivel bracket on and it threw the tv out at the bottom and tilted it up at the right corner when i turned it left towards the sofa. Also the holes on the sony tv were much lower and i just got the brackets on without seeing them at the bottom.
In the end i got rid of the bracket as i could not watch a tv sitting at an angle and Ikea were no use. All they could say was ‘it might be that the wall is not straight’ when the bracket is clearly attached to tv unit not the wall. Oh and maybe i had not clicked the tv onto the bracket properly.........i may be a female but i know when a bracket has clicked in place.

richard plumb

Distinguished Member
I have the exact TV and the bracket. It's 90cm from the Besta unit to the top of the TV.

Note: as the TV is heavier on one side it is tilted to the right by about 1cm. I'm not sure if I'm going to scrap the bracket to be honest although you can't tell while watching TV.
thanks. I only have 87-88cm from top of Besta to the ‘ceiling’. Could maybe get another 5mm by removing the glass top.

finally found installation instructions online and it looks fairly adjustable - the early steps seem to let you set the initial vertical bar fairly flexibly, and the brackets that attach to the TV Have slots so some flexibility in vertical placement there too? so should be able to adjust fairly finely? I think I’d need the bottom of the TV to be about 2cm from the top of the besta (leaving same gap above)

do you think that’s doable? If not I’d be sticking with a 55

WhiteEyedGecko

thanks. I only have 87-88cm from top of Besta to the ‘ceiling’. Could maybe get another 5mm by removing the glass top.

finally found installation instructions online and it looks fairly adjustable - the early steps seem to let you set the initial vertical bar fairly flexibly, and the brackets that attach to the TV Have slots so some flexibility in vertical placement there too? so should be able to adjust fairly finely? I think I’d need the bottom of the TV to be about 2cm from the top of the besta (leaving same gap above)

do you think that’s doable? If not I’d be sticking with a 55
I think the biggest problem that low is wiring it up / getting your hand caught putting it on the mount. You can go one step lower as I did and I had issues with it being too low.

richard plumb

Distinguished Member
Just noticed there are a couple of different heights for besta units - I have the 40cm high tv bench. That’s fine with this, right?

might take the plunge and experiment with it - ikea are quite reasonable with returns if it doesn’t work. Will go and find a 65c9 to measure distances from the bottom of the TV to the mounting holes, then do an IKEA visit and check how the stand marries up

only way a 65” c6 will work is if this stand will get me so the base of the tv is 1-2cm from the top of the bench - otherwise it would be a 55” c9 or wait to see if the Sony a8h in 2020 has the same thing stand + HDMI 2.1

Last edited:

WhiteEyedGecko

Just noticed there are a couple of different heights for besta units - I have the 40cm high tv bench. That’s fine with this, right?

might take the plunge and experiment with it - ikea are quite reasonable with returns if it doesn’t work. Will go and find a 65c9 to measure distances from the bottom of the TV to the mounting holes, then do an IKEA visit and check how the stand marries up

only way a 65” c6 will work is if this stand will get me so the base of the tv is 1-2cm from the top of the bench - otherwise it would be a 55” c9 or wait to see if the Sony a8h in 2020 has the same thing stand + HDMI 2.1
Mine is the 40cm (well 39cm) also, so yep.

richard plumb

Distinguished Member
Pulled the trigger on an LG 65c9. Can someone help by measuring the distance on the uppleva between the bottom hole on the ‘arm’ that goes on your TV, and the bottom of the plate on the swivel arm?

that way I should be able to calculate where the bottom of the TV will sit relative to the bottom of the plate, allowing me to adjust the height of the stand on the besta Unit beforehand to hopefully fit. (18cm from bottom of tv to VESA hole, plus whatever this distance is below = distance to set up the mount)

(Tv is about 83.5cm tall and I have about 88cm space to fit into)

edit: added pic
83A3AFF5-DA2D-4F78-8F46-AE1A0F65C934.jpeg

Last edited:

richard plumb

Distinguished Member
Just got mine. The extended bit for the swivel does look like it has a deliberate rear tilt on it - the part that goes onto the plate literally is wedge shaped. I wonder if that’s due to increased load by pushing it out further than the flat mount?

wonder if it’d be fine to use spacers to adjust the top to be out a little?

richard plumb

Distinguished Member
Installed. Had to drill a hole in the tv bracket arms as I needed the LG to be using the very bottom holes to get it low enough. Apart From that the fitting was ok

it has the same leaning over that others described though - tilting down on the right hand side. Very frustrating. I might look to see if there is an option to have a different block to push the tv out (I dont want to use the fire dmoint as it’s too far back so no room for bias lighting behind)

dej23

Wow thank you for that, I'm just wondering if the bracket can be raised and lowered, I'm hoping to place the centre speaker below the TV

IamC

Novice Member
Wow thank you for that, I'm just wondering if the bracket can be raised and lowered, I'm hoping to place the centre speaker below the TV
I have it at the lowest point, it can be raise more but I don’t want to risk it tipping over or something like that also it depends where on the tv are the holes for the bracket are, this one has them low as compared to a Samsung that I have that has them high

sojer2005

Standard Member
Hi,
I have a 55 inch LG OLED C7. I plan to buy Ikea Best (cabinet height 40 cm) and Uppleva TV bracket. I wonder what is the maximum distance to get between the bottom edge of the TV and the cabinet top. I would like to place a center speaker there (KEF R2C, which is 17.5 cm high).

dej23

Hi,
I have a 55 inch LG OLED C7. I plan to buy Ikea Best (cabinet height 40 cm) and Uppleva TV bracket. I wonder what is the maximum distance to get between the bottom edge of the TV and the cabinet top. I would like to place a center speaker there (KEF R2C, which is 17.5 cm high).
This is my current setup, 55e7, my centre speaker is 18.5cm. I'm looking at lowering the TV when I can get some assistance.
Not sure about exact measurements and where the bracket fits on a c7.

Please ignore the mess as its still work in progress

Attachments

sojer2005

Standard Member
This is my current setup, 55e7, my centre speaker is 18.5cm. I'm looking at lowering the TV when I can get some assistance.

Oh, thank you very much. This is very helpful. Have you noticed if the TV tilts slightly to one side?

sojer2005

Standard Member

Hi,
55 C7: the distance from the bottom of the TV to the first VESA hole is about 11 cm. I do not know if this is similar to yours and how it will affect the overall height of the space between the cabinet top and the TV when mounted on Uppleva.

43CB0460-6111-4AA2-A261-137D55B41AA0.jpeg

dej23

Yes
Oh, thank you very much. This is very helpful. Have you noticed if the TV tilts slightly to one side?
Yes there is a very slight tilt but I'm sure I can straighten it by moving the nuts/bracket slightly. Just need a pair of hands to help me finish off the fit. As I want to lower the TV so you can see the bracket

chenks

just reading this, and i have a Besta unit.
my TV is a Sony 43" with a vesa profile os 200x100.

would this fit?
and how far out does the TV sit when put on the bracket?

MarkE19

Yes it will fit, my TV is on the Besta bracket and that is a Vesa 400 x 400

The bracket can be fixed position and the back of the TV will sit approx 8cm from the back of the cabinet. Or with the swivel mount attached it sits approx 25cm from the back.

Mark.

Trending threads

Latest News

AVForums Podcast: 31st May 2020
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
MQA expands global partnerships for high end experience
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung 2020 TV app lineup upgraded
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published