Anyone use air compressors to clean their computers?

spyder viewer

Compressed air may generate static so use with care!

John7

I've been using an air compressor for many years to blow dust out of computers/TV sets/Amplifiers etc without any problem.

The compressor in your post has a very small air tank (receiver) and will only be able to deliver short puffs of air. I use one with a 6 litre receiver and that is a bit small really for continuous bursts - 24 litres would be better. However, the 6 litre one has served me well. Make sure you get an oil free compressor, you dont want to be blasting an oily film everywhere

You can get a dedicated air dusting nozzle attachment, something like this......Extended Air Duster Gun|Air Hose Accessories|Air Line Fittings

I've been using an air compressor for many years to blow dust out of computers/TV sets/Amplifiers etc without any problem.

The compressor in your post has a very small air tank (receiver) and will only be able to deliver short puffs of air. I use one with a 6 litre receiver and that is a bit small really for continuous bursts - 24 litres would be better. However, the 6 litre one has served me well. Make sure you get an oil free compressor, you dont want to be blasting an oily film everywhere

You can get a dedicated air dusting nozzle attachment, something like this......Extended Air Duster Gun|Air Hose Accessories|Air Line Fittings
It's not a small tank, it hasn't got a tank...

Buckster

Distinguished Member
yes - but see if you can get irreversible ones - they don'tspray liquid when horizontal/upside down which is good :)

I also use baby wipes -don't laugh-one ofthe best inventions for de-dusting things ever - as they don'ttend to split up/break up - just give them a wring out first to remove any excess liquid

useful on internal surfaces, heatsinks, brilliant cleaning fins of fans etc etc (not PCBs lol)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom