Anyone use a non official Wii RGB scart with success?

Ricky27

Hi

i just bought a cheap RGB scart for the Wii from ebay, its just to tied us over untill we we get a plasma and use component, but the picture is fine on composite, but on RGB everything is pink and green?

I checked the pins and there is capacitors or resistors? on the RGB pins inside the plug, not sure if these have failed?

Many thanks for any help.

bigkingy

Not much help to you I'm afraid, but I bought a Game RGB cable and everything was green. Had it swapped for an official one and the picture was perfecly fine.

I could never understand why though!

Moogle

Novice Member
Are you connecting it to the RGB scart or the normal scart connection ? I'm not sure if that would make a difference but it may be worth taking a look at. Other then that it's quite likely you have a faulty cable. In all honesty generic or third party cables for the Wii generally aren't very good.

Ricky27

Are you connecting it to the RGB scart or the normal scart connection ? I'm not sure if that would make a difference but it may be worth taking a look at. Other then that it's quite likely you have a faulty cable. In all honesty generic or third party cables for the Wii generally aren't very good.
Yes its on AV1 which displays RGB from DVD and PS3/2 perfectly, so the cable is faulty, seller is sending me another to try.

Does anyone else use a non official Wii scart with success?

Ricky27

HI, just wondered if anyone had a non official Wii RGB scart and if it works ok? if so where did you get it?

i got one from Ebay and it shows all green and pink colours, am getting it replaced so hopefully will be ok.

Thanks.

Ricky27

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
Seeing as you already had a thread open on this subject I have merged your two threads together, I don't think there was need for two seperate discussions here.

temsonic

Novice Member
Yes, using a Game Ware RGB Scart cable with no problems, previously on a Panasonic 28" CRT and now on Panasonic 32" LCD. I have it chained through a Panasonic Sky digibox. Strangely, when any other RGB source is chained through the Sky box there is a strong green tint to the picture, but the Wii is perfect, can't explain why. The colours are also fine if I connect the Wii Scart direct to the TV.

Ricky27

thanks all, i got a Joytech RGB scart from play ,with stereo breakout leads and it works perfectly, very well made and picture is excellent.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom