1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone upgraded their DVD-2910?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by RumNYC, Jul 6, 2005.

1. RumNYC

RumNYC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
  2. Eddy Boy

Eddy Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Yes, and bye bye warranty not to mention if something goes wrong with it. Who will fix it?

3. RumNYC

RumNYC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    So you have upgraded it or not? Warranty issues aside, the question is will a $1000 upgrade make a $600 player sound like a $3000 player?

4. Eddy Boy

Eddy Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    No I don't have 2910 just commenting on the post. I personally don't think it is worth the effort. I might as well go out and but a 3910 or some other player instead.

As for it sounding like a $3000 player, well thats a matter of opinion and depends on which player you compare it with.

5. Cable Monkey

Cable Monkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +205
    You would have to assume the modding company provides a warranty on their work. Even if they didn't offer anything for customer upgrades they sell 'new' and statutary rights would apply.

Most of what he says is is highly subjective. The remote is better? Then consider all the bells and whistles the Linn has. That makes a price comparison somewhat redundant because the Linn is so well specified. I suppose at the end of the day he has spent less than the expensive Linn and feels he has made a prudent call. Most buyers of cheaper kit will argue its merits until they are blue in the face. I think this is just an elite equipment version of the same thing!

6. RumNYC

RumNYC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    It possibly couldn't beat a Linn unidisk SC on features as the linn as a fully featured pre-amp built in.