Anyone up for a 'real' racing season?

Pauliezx

Since the game came out I've wanted to do a season with other drivers, I've participated in a few with varying results...

My idea would be to do a full season probably 50% race distance etc, now here's the thing...full sim settings so we go without abs, traction and with full fuel and tyre sim, damage on and cockpit view only

Having tried this out with some good experienced players it makes a hell of a difference because you have no choice but to be careful - and get out of the way of other cars, makes for sooo much better racing.

The idea would be for those of us who use the wheels, we would stick to these settings, I think some concessions would have to be made for any pad users due to the limitations of those controllers.

I'm not sure if there are enough of us on here still actively using the game though...I realise GT5 may initially pull us all in but I intend to be on both of these games for some time.

tom 2000

Distinguished Member
Good luck with that mate. I am not sure how many potential entrants you have there. I did the TTs with my pad and am now on Career mode and finding it extremely difficult to adjust to actual racing.

Pauliezx

i don't think realistically, you can use a pad with this game and get the max out of it. I've been using a wheel and pedals since F1 2005 and now especially with 2010, the wheel allows a lot more control over the car.

TT mode is little more than an arcade game, the racing is where the real challenge is

Jerry786

Banned
Creating a league catered for just wheel users is a big mistake, you need to cater for all users.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pauliezx

Creating a league catered for just wheel users is a big mistake, you need to cater for all users.

Who said anything about a league for wheel users only?
I certainly didn't - if you read the post properly

Last edited by a moderator:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom