Anyone unable to access AVForums today?

Stuart Wright

AVForums Founder
Staff member
Silly question if only posed to people reading this, but can you check with your friends, please? Just see if they can open AVForums.com Home.
If not, please let me know here.
Thanks.

Iccz

Working fine for me but is a little slow, page seems to load progressively, sometimes needs a refresh to give it a bit of a shunt... something isn't right. Someone on the facebook page seems to be having problems with loading too, pinging is fine but they don't get anything loading.

kav

Distinguished Member
Can get onto AVF, but like the others it is very slow to load pages the last day or two.

steviedog

Banned
Very slow yesterday for me, not too bad today but still not as quick as it usually is. Thought it was just my broadband playing up.

PoochJD

HI,

Working fine here, today and yesterday, but occasionally pages didn't/won't load properly in Firefox or IE8, and would/will need an F5 refresh to get them to load in full.

Pooch

CraigofScotland

Distinguished Member
It went slow on my phone yesterday. I think the sites graphics make cellphones weep.

imightbewrong

Distinguished Member
I was blocked out for about 1/2 an hour there - trying to view general chat got a 'page not found' page.

Switch625

I've had a couple of "unavailable because the archive is offline" (or similar) messages when trying to get on, both today and yesterday.

steviedog

Banned
I think it might have been due to high traffic levels with the iPhone 4 prices being announced yesterday/today. The Apple site was down as well.

Stuart Wright

AVForums Founder
Staff member
There are a couple of dodgy queries which when run (which is rare) are bringing the database down.It happened three times I think on Saturday. Things should have been ok yesterday.
The person unable to get to the site today is ok after a further database crash an hour ago.

Beany31

Distinguished Member
I am now able to get on, as I said on Facebook. It's not been working all day until about half hour ago.

rickinyorkshire

Distinguished Member
I too was unavailable to view the forums about 4.30.

SeanT

Distinguished Member
Been having some issues with the homepage in IE8, which persisted after a delete cache and a ctrl-F5 - which is unusual (it's usually because something has changed, so clearing the cache does the trick) - I put it down to the new menu or a wonky flash ad though.

Ctrl-F5 is an awesome trick btw, only discovered it a short while ago and I've worked in IT for years!

Sniper Ash6

Distinguished Member
It just went down again for a while

It has done several times over the past few days for me

ridgerama

Novice Member
couple of times for me today so far also

IronGiant

I got this tonight too:
AVForums are currently offline while undergoing maintenance

We will be back as soon as possible.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

AVForums team.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More

Latest News

LG SIGNATURE OLED R TV now available in South Korea
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
LG Display teams with Disney for OLED Projects
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Campfire Audio updates Vega and Dorado earphones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Oppo launches S1 and R1 4K smart TVs
  • By Andy Bassett