Question Anyone tried these tab tension electric screens ?

panman40

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
put one of these in a customers house as he was on an extremely tight budget; the customer was happy enough but for me everything about the screen screamed cheap! the tab caught the casing on the way down so you got a clunk every couple is seconds there was also some black marks on the white and white marks on the black, too early to say if there's years of curl free use. All I can say is I wouldn't have it in my house!

put one of these in a customers house as he was on an extremely tight budget; the customer was happy enough but for me everything about the screen screamed cheap! the tab caught the casing on the way down so you got a clunk every couple is seconds there was also some black marks on the white and white marks on the black, too early to say if there's years of curl free use. All I can say is I wouldn't have it in my house!

Thats not great then, do you think some careful modification to the casing where the tabs hit maybe feasible ?, the marks on the white screen itself did you try removing them ?.

Was there any sign of edge curl as the screens ive had were bad right out the box but they are cheap manual pull downs.
Thanks.

I have been in touch with these people today on 3 occasions, had prompt and courteous replies back, they say those issues are not common and offer a replacement or refund if not satisfied.
I'm going to mull it over I think as £179 for a 96" tab tension seems very good price.

There was no evidence of edge curl but the whole thing just felt very low quality to me. The key thing here is if they're willing to refund or replace then you've nothing to lose except your time and maybe the one I sourced was just bad one off. If you decide to go ahead with it let us know how you get on.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom