1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone Tried The Panasonic Tx36pl32

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by C.Wolf, Aug 4, 2004.

Tags:
  1. C.Wolf

C.Wolf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Im thinking of buying this tv from the comet website, as currys (whilst cheaper) are out of stock. Ive looked at it in comet and it looks ok, but with their usless signal its difficult to tell. I tried panasonic's 36" tv about 4 years ago at home and the picture was kind of ghosting, ie there was a bit of a halo around everything. This was not my signal, but a defective tv design, as I tried another and this was the same. Ideally I would like to try one at home, but they say once it has been out of the box it cant be returned.
    Any help or advice would be much appreciated,
    Clyde.

:lease:

2. CLH

CLH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    One piece of advice. If you do buy get it from a store you can trust.

I'm really disillusioned with online TV buying now.

Superb review in WHC for this TV.

3. Zaichik

Zaichik

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +219
    Comet Online do allow you to open it and still return it under the Distance Selling Regulations. Some shops try to say that you must return goods unopened, but there is nothing in the DSR that says that you cannot open and inspect the goods before cancelling and returning them. (The exception to this is software and DVDs etc, which the regs specifically state are not covered if they are unsealed.)

4. iceman

iceman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm in the same situation have been trying to decide rather than making a mistake by buying a poor set.

Had one of the first 40" tosh sets a few years back and it tormented me with problems(until I finally got rid of it and bought 47" panny), therefore I'd like to make a well educated decision on this.

Would have went for the Panasonic TX36PD30 based on features and looks but it doesnt seem to rate to well on here.

Anyway sorry :offtopic:

Very interested in any opinions on the 36PL32 myself,
    I believe (was told by panny cust serv) that this model was made specifically for Currys/Comet group and is a trimmed down version of the 36PD30 (which incidently he said was a much better set than the PL32)

:)

5. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    PL 32 is a load of old bits sold to multiple at cheap price and available from panny UK but they dont advertise it. My vote would be for the JVC 36P38. Very nice TV