Anyone tried the Panasonic DMR-HS2

S

scook17

This looks like one all singing, all dancing, machine. You can find the specs from http://www.avland.co.uk/panasonic/dmrhs2/index.htm but basically it's a DVD recorder, with build in hard disk, plus DV socket as well as just about every other socket you could need.

Has anyone actually bought one of these yet? Are there any reviews available on the net? What's the cheapest price I can get one for? Thanks.

Kind Regards,
Shane Cook.

Try www.pricerunner.co.uk for price.

Also consider that Toshiba will be releasing the RDX2 in October in the UK (only spec I could find was japanese) but if the RDX1 is anything to go by it looks good. Another DVD RAM HDD machine.

I emailed toshiba to ask if october was still the release date, it has now been pushed back to "Winter" which I am assuming is next year

I looked at the specs for the RX1. It doesn't have a DV input, which is one of the main reasons I like the Panasonic one. The panasonic one also has and SD card reader which makes showing photos somewhat easier as well.

Kind Regards,
Shane Cook.

This is probably a silly question but if I bought the US version of this ($799) could I use it over here? What inputs does it have? I assume they don't use Scart over there!

Thanks

DaveP

Probably. You'd need a 240 to 110v converter which you can get from Maplins, plus a TV that would accept NTSC signals. The DVD recorder would probably not play PAL DVDs, either because it doesn't support PAL (maybe?) or because of the region coding. Also, you're mini-DV camera would be in PAL format, as would your TV/Satellite signals, so it's questionable what use an NTSC version of this box would be to anyone over here.

Kind Regards,
Shane Cook.

Thanks Scook17 the review Here says "Can record and playback NTSC and PAL"

I think Region coding could be a problem but I wont be using it as my main player. Only for recording from satellite and Video tapes.

Oh, and the review
here says it's $745!!!

DaveP

Say I have a friend in the states. Say this friend buys me a Panasonic DMR-HS2 and sends it to me as a gift. They put on the packing it is a second hand unit worth say $200. Would I get away with not paying the import duties on the true value and just pay on the secondhand value?

This is all hyperthetical of course!!

DaveP

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom