Anyone tried ordering from slatersdvd.co.uk?

in fact, just noticed they are offering £1 off any dvd, so that make's is only £19.99 for the 4 disk set.

This seems a pretty good price to me.... or do you know better :)

Matthew

HI,

Looks a little suspect to me. I think that this could be one of those sites that's been setup by some spotty-faced 14 years old school kid trying to make a quick profit!

Go elsewhere more reliable and realistic, or let someone else take the risk of ordering from this firm! I can't see how this person could make any kind of profit from a 4-DVD set, by charging just £20. Unless he/she's bought the goods from off the back of a lorry somewhere! :D

Pooch

I don't think I'll dive in to use them just yet.

BUT if you use a credit card you're protected against non delivery so you might want to take a chance.

BTW Play are selling R2 LOTR SE at £21.99 so you might prefer to use them - IMHO it's worth paying £2 to make sure you get the disk around release day.

cheers guys,

not going to be the first...

will have to wait for someone else to try :)

thanks again,

Matthew

Originally posted by wilber
BTW Play are selling R2 LOTR SE at £21.99 so you might prefer to use them - IMHO it's worth paying £2 to make sure you get the disk around release day.

I'm not being picky about a 50p discrepancy but I pre-ordered this back in june-july time, I think it was, and I got quoted the £21.99 price. My outstanding orders list still shows it at £21.99. If you search their site though you'll find it advertised at £22.49!

I e-mailed them to ask what price it was to me and to cut a long story short - I still don't know.

DaveP

It’s a very new site by the looks of it. It was registered on the 19 Jun 2002 by Lee Bearder. It looks like a good site but I don’t think it’s going to compete with the likes off Play and CD WOW. If anyone makes an order let us know what you think, coz Im not going first :D

D

Originally posted by DazB
It’s a very new site by the looks of it.

Still got some bugs in it too, I think! Could you get the search to work?

DaveP

yeah your right, the search dont work.

Will see if the sites still about in 6 months ;)

Hold on!!!

I worked it out, you have to hit the "Enter" key to get it to work.

I tryed to order (just to see) and you cant. I just got this...

"Due to unforseen circumstances we can not currently take any orders. This is expected to be resolved shortly. Thank you for your patience."

I must be missing something, I've placed my order on CD-Wow and it shows £21.99 not £21.74 - any ideas?

DaveP

Sqirrelgod - I am Jock - and we have reputation for being tight but you take the biscuit - you are still using that 192 (www.cd-wow.com/192) to now get 25p off all your orders!

How much have I saved you now with that 192 feature? I take cheques or cash by the way ;-)

Cheers,

Stu

Originally posted by DaveP
I must be missing something, I've placed my order on CD-Wow and it shows £21.99 not £21.74 - any ideas?

DaveP
As ag005613 has said, you gotta use the www.cd-wow.com/192 link. If you just go via www.cd-wow.com then the prices are 25p more.

LOL @ ag005613 BTW :D

I switched to CD-WOW from Play because I always like to order from CD-WOW unless there is a significant difference in price elsewhere (I get the best service from CD-WOW and the least hassle). Plus, I can get the R1 now instead of the R2 - as they are more or less the same price (give or take 25p :p) and the R2 has player-generated subtitles and censored extras, I'd rather have the R1 instead (but wouldn't have paid extra for R1 however) :D

Sorry, I should have said I clinked on the 192 link.

Tried again but no luck. Perhaps it's a cookie thing!

Anyway, I'm not that tight, I'll pay the full price!

Do we know whether or not the R1 release at CD-Wow is the US version and not the French Canadian?

Thanks

DaveP

Originally posted by James45
don't all regions have player generated subtitles?
The R2 and R4 do, but the R1 doesn't (at least that was the case with the 2-disk release).
Originally posted by DaveP
Do we know whether or not the R1 release at CD-Wow is the US version and not the French Canadian?
It will almost certainly be French Canadian. Hooray! :D

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom