Anyone tried dyeing speaker frille cloth?

peskywinnets

Obviously a typo in the heading - I meant grille cloth!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I have a centre speaker with a black cloth (only the front visible)...to placate 'er indoors, I'd like to change this to either cream or silver.

Anyone done this?

I'm aware that it's possible to buy the grille cloth in cream or silver but recovering looks a lot more hassle than dyeing!

I'm figuring the back will need to be bleached back to an 'off white' first, but this often weakens cloth...so is there a suitable product available?

Anyone done it?

GW43

I'd say going from black to a lighter colour would be virtually impossible.

I think getting hold of some cloth in the colour you want and re-covering is the best option. Perhaps if you got hold of the cloth a local furniture upholsterer might be able to fit it for a small charge.

chrisc0le

bleach would make it white or cream but i dont know if it wouldnt degrade the cloth.

peskywinnets

GW43 said:
I'd say going from black to a lighter colour would be virtually impossible.

& I'd say with my recovering skills, recovering would be virtually impossible! :D

I don't see why going to a light colour from bloack wouldn't be possible. Maybe take a few cycles...light bleach, rinse, light bleach, rinse...end up with a light grey - dye silver/grey?

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom