1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anyone tried a samsung LE40R51B

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Phill1978, May 15, 2005.

1. Phill1978

Phill1978

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +84
    hi anyone seen these. i saw the original 40" LCD samsung and the picture was utter tripe. however the screen itself was very sexy and not very deep so a thumbs up. What i did notice though was when i pressed the menu button on the remote and the OSD scrolled up was the most vibrant clear and almost three dimensional colours, total clarity. So this screen is/was capable if running the right source of being a 40" computer monitor with much greater brightness + viewing angles than a normal 17" LCD screen on the computer.

Has anyone owned or tried the old model (pref with a vga cable or dvi if it had it) because it must be going cheap now the new model is out ?

also what is the new model like its a 40" LCD and only costs £1699 online ! so even if its crap with scart it should be perfect with DVI or VGA surley then just the case of getting a VGA box for the xbox and a DVI capable player with the 1080i upscalling for bonus.

32" is just to small for me is a 32" LCD like having a 33" CRT ? ive always liked the width of 32" but the height is squished much smaller than my current 28" 4:3 CRT ideally 34" or 36" would be fine.

although maybe ultra crisp real picture on say a 10" screen is no good to anyone wanting large scale imersive gaming and DVD as most small 28" 16:9 or 21/24" CRT`s are very good in that regard, 36" and above are recommended for a more in the room immersion.

opinions please perhaps sample pictures

thanks

2. aknott@knottron

aknott@knottron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd like to hear from anyone who has seen a LE40R51B too...

Anyone? Buler? Buler? Anyone? Buler?