• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Anyone tell me what the Sony DCR-SR32E is like please?

AuraTodd

Established Member
I have been offered one and I would like to know what people's experinces are of it, and if I should buy it? Also will I be able to upload to U-Tube and edit it on movie maker first?

I am getting from cash converters, or am I better off getting it from Amazon? Many thanks.

:confused:

StudioRecorder

Standard Member
i have the sr33e (the model up from that one) which is truly amazing. the only difference between them was the hard drive size is only 30GB on the 32 se compared to the 33's 40gb. i also think it had slightly less zoom. otherwise it is still a great camera and you can definately use it to upload to youtube - just put it in its lowest quality setting so that it doesnt make the file size too big to upload.

StudioRecorder

Standard Member
no it cant, it uses sony's proprietary memory stick duo cards. however it does have a 30gb hard drive and the memory card is only used to store pictures that you take with it (if you enable the option) and cannot store video. i have a 2gb memory stick duo in mine and it will never be filled up by the camera because it doesnt take that good quality stills, so any cheap 1gb memory stick duo will be fine.

StudioRecorder

Standard Member
it depends on what quality setting you have it on. there are 3 in total low(3 megapixels) medium (6 megapixels) and high (9 mega pixels) on the sr33e i can get about 28 hours from the low setting and about 7 from the high. however the sr32e only has a 30gb hard drive so i would estimate that you would get between 5.25 hours (on the highest setting) and 21 hours (on the lowest setting) personally if you will be taking stills with this as well then you should buy a cheap 1gb memory stick duo card. ( although i recommend that you take a normal camera along with you as they are only about 0.3 megapixels i believe)

StudioRecorder

Standard Member
good idea to still use your digital camera. to set the quality you have to pen up the menu and its one of the icons that are under the video options. the picture quality even on the lowest setting is still really good but on medium you could probably get somewhere between 10 and 15 hours maybe- it should tell you how much time you have left to record with in one of the top corners of the screen. (probably gives it in minutes) and so when you change quality setting this figure should also change

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom