Question Anyone switch from Sky glad or sad?

Are you glad you switched

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Stellavision

Prominent Member
Reaction score
After 13 years with Sky I have taken up what seems like a fairly attractive deal (VIP @ £85 p/m for 12 months) with an install date in about 11 days. However, I've read a few things that are putting me off Virgin.
Such as Not all On-demand cinema movies showing in HD, Unreliable / inconsistent broadband speeds and overall generally poor customer service.
So to those who have changed from Sky are you glad you did or wish you hadn't?
I welcome relevant constructive input too from anyone else.

I'm trying to decide whether to proceed with my install or take up a Sky retention deal and both providers have pros and cons for me.

Never mind. I've cancelled my install with Virgin and stayed with Sky. Shocking customer support trying to cancel. A lucky escape I think!

Well the very rude man that I spoke to in pre-installs yesterday must have been humouring me as the cancellation was never applied. Another 40 minutes of my life wasted again today trying to get through to pre-installs. I wouldn't touch Virgin now if they were giving it away for free!

Same sort of reasons I left to go to Virgin. Appalling BB and customer service.

I can see by looking at the social media pages both Sky and Virgin have a significant number of people venting about poor BB, poor service, etc...but I can only base my opinions based on my own experiences. I am sure that both are not without fault but for me everything with Sky has been consistently rock solid for the last 13 years.

My virgin bb has been rock solid for years, and super fast....TiVo box isn't the quickest but is generally reliable

Plus you can't get anywhere near Virgins BB speed with Sky.
That is clear (when it is working according to social media customer reports) and I had planned to take their Vivid gamer pack and phone line while keeping my tv with sky. However, I lost enthusiasm for that while being kept in a que for an extended period. I dont expect any Sky fanboys on a VM forum but Virgin have burned their bridges with me for now. I'll re-evaluate next year.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom