Anyone suffer 'Wii Elbow' Syndrome?

evxcmt

Established Member
Reaction score
Had a Wii Party on Saturday night, from 4pm til 4am!!!! :) There were 7 of us in the party and the only game we played was Wii Sports. We all suffer the dreaded Wii Elbow Syndrome!!! We could no longer raise our dominant arm at 90 degrees for more than 10sec and not feeling the pain. Quite frankly, my dominant arm is shaking if i lift it for anything more than 5sec!!! :eek: Anyone else feels the same???

FYI, everyone in the parties is between 30-40 yrs old and most of them, predominantly females, never play a console in their life before. Everyone now decides to get one... :D That's the power of Wii!!!!

Dont let your elbow snap fully open and you'll be fine :smashin:

well im 23 and my right arm aches like hell... well atleast the wii makes me feel like a teenager again :devil:

All i have is the aches and pains of actually doing an activity :p

Wii coupled with extreme masturbation can lead to long term injury problems

My right shoulder is a bit sorem probably due to Wii Sports tennis and baseball.

anyone having a go at boxing should limit themselves to a couple of fights at a time unless they exercise regularly. I found muscles i never knew i had. They've been screaming blue murder since Saturday night.:oops:

I got Wii Shoulder from bowling too much on Wii Sports, my elbows fine.

anyone having a go at boxing should limit themselves to a couple of fights at a time unless they exercise regularly. I found muscles i never knew i had. They've been screaming blue murder since Saturday night.:oops:

too true, i could feel my abdominal muscles pulling when playing baseball, i thought i lost them to the pot belly years ago

looks like the obeasity crisis is coming to an end! lol

My girlfriend got "Wii Back" after being a bit too enthusiastic on Wii Sports, and her back isn't in the best of shapes anyway.

I find the sport that annoys my muscles the most is Wii Golf, but they havn't hurt the day after though.

Definitely aching all over - but I think its a good kind of ache.

Worst one for me is the baseball - do all the cheesy moves you see in baseball movies (well except for the spitting :D )

Definitely aching all over - but I think its a good kind of ache.

Worst one for me is the baseball - do all the cheesy moves you see in baseball movies (well except for the spitting :D )

Wish I read this first, the wife went mad at me for spititng on the living room floor...

my friend came round tonight for my first taste of multiplayer wii sports. it started with my friend complaining "i don't have to stand up do i?" and ended with him bowling a 205 like a pro - kicking my butt in the process. the only one he never beat me on was golf - probably cuz that takes a little more getting used to.

i have a small cut on my thumb (somehow??) and an aching arm & wrist. my friend smacked the wiimote into his knee when pitching and nearly wrecked my light shade when serving on tennis.
we were both exhausted after a couple of boxing matches - i need to get into shape.

all in all it was a great laugh and i am pretty sure he wants one aswell. he said that his wife would like one :D

i recommend it fully but it is so much better with friends - i just need to find more, lol. i do have another mate coming round tomorrow so i better put my wrist in ice in preperation.

now for a relaxing game, like gears of war:rotfl:

...pete

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who realised just how unfit the last 20 odd years of video games have made me!

I woke on Saturday morning in agony even the muscles in my arse hurt :confused: Couldnt face playing Sports that night so had a nice easy game of Zelda.

I cant believe how much fun this is it's impossible to play sports without leaping around the lounge like a kid with too many E numbers in them! Me and my other half are intent on smashing each others faces in on boxing (I keep telling him it's not nice to hit a girl) and I can see us actually bumping into each other soon.

Had a Wii Party on Saturday night, from 4pm til 4am!!!! :) There were 7 of us in the party and the only game we played was Wii Sports. We all suffer the dreaded Wii Elbow Syndrome!!! We could no longer raise our dominant arm at 90 degrees for more than 10sec and not feeling the pain. Quite frankly, my dominant arm is shaking if i lift it for anything more than 5sec!!! :eek: Anyone else feels the same???

FYI, everyone in the parties is between 30-40 yrs old and most of them, predominantly females, never play a console in their life before. Everyone now decides to get one... :D That's the power of Wii!!!!

Multi player Wii parties are great fun.

And it's known as exercise.

It kills, but it gets better :)

And by dominant arm, are you referring to the one that you spend more time "cavorting with Madam Palm and her five daughters" with? :)

World watch out.. All us geeks will soon have the muscle tone of Bruce Lee! The Geeks shall indeed inherit the earth!

World watch out.. All us geeks will soon have the muscle tone of Bruce Lee! The Geeks shall indeed inherit the earth!

:rotfl: :rotfl: Instead of Bruce Lee I think it will be badly mutated muscle geeks instead I am sorry to say....Some of the stuff on here really makes me laugh....I played baseball for the national youth team in the Netherlands, I actually was the pitcher for the team; you know the one who does the cheesy moves...Until you discover that those 'cheesy' moves are there to get more force/power behind the ball, so that is not necessary on the Wii and I wouldn't recommend it unless you know how to do it properly as you will strain something....Likewise with the abdominal pains when batting, oh dear someone is having a very bad posture and tries to overdue it....In real life you don't need much force (due to the top weight of a bat), let alone on the Wii where there is no friction.....

Let's not forget this is virtual, very good fun, but you won't be any better by doing the wrong moves and you may actually do some serious damage....

But, just like all those reported cases of a tennis elbow whilst the launch has been less than a week ago....I think most of the pains and aches are purely do to people being seriously unfit.......

The general tiredness that I was feeling on Saturday and Sunday morning is now getting less. In other words, I'm getting used to it and getting fitter!! I sent a message to all my 360 mates via Live about how much fun the Wii is and mentioned the ache in my arms. One of my friends who works in fitness suggested that I get some 3-5lbs wrist weights to wear while playing. He said you'd be surprised at how quickly it would make a difference. Might take him up on that advice. :)

But, just like all those reported cases of a tennis elbow whilst the launch has been less than a week ago....I think most of the pains and aches are purely do to people being seriously unfit.......

and are you expecting someone to argue with that? lol i imagine alot of users on here have a pot belly and spend too much time infront of the tv. i know im very unfit so atleast the wii may help :D

as for the baseball abdominal stretching, i think its because my body hasnt seen that range of motion in 10 years lol :rolleyes:

yea i know wat you mean everytime i play it i wake up the next day and my arm is hurting (especially on baseball) anyway its worth it :smashin:

I wonder how long it will be before they come up with a Wii Fitness game?

Me and the Mrs are clearly unfit given all the pains we have in our right arms. We've now switched to playing left-handed to even up the pain...:D

Those wrist weights are a great idea...one for tomorrow.

jesus.. not 'Wii Elbow', more like 'Wii Shoulder'... my shoulder was killing me the first two days (still sore)

jesus.. not 'Wii Elbow', more like 'Wii Shoulder'... my shoulder was killing me the first two days (still sore)

Completely agree, while it's not been hurting in a while at first it was my shoulder that was killing me after playing Wii Sports Bowling.

My right shoulder is a bit sorem probably due to Wii Sports tennis and baseball.

i was playing baseball too with my nephew, we played the practice and had 10 shots each and kept score and after a while i got quite good at it, cant get the elusive 10 home runs though only 9.
farest out the park ive hit it is 191, dont know how good it is to other scores but my bloody arm is killing me.
think they might open a new hospital wing for all the gamers.:D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom