Quantcast

Anyone still using cd's?

IntelliVolume

Count me in for still listening to CDs -- physical media, all the time!

gizlaroc

Distinguished Member
Sorry but i have heard this so many times,my £120 system sound so much better than,those expensive ones out their,i have turned up to hear them,and they sound crap.
:)

It is not a £120 system, it is a £120 source.

Raspberry Pi with the iFi PSU into the Tone Board Dac, has beaten so many other sources. Auralic Aries, Meridian MS600 etc. and certainly better than the Dacs I had from Meridian, Bel Canto etc. that were the ones I had ended up with over the years.

To be fair, it is only what you find in those expensive DACs and streamers anyway, if it was to go into a fancy case, go through the marketing, packaging, through a distributor and then through the normal retail chains then it would be as expensive as all the main contenders anyway.

The Khadas is just incredibly smooth and detailed, it is a great, great bit of kit.
You can stick one on any device to try, it has coax input as well as usb.

I think you have been listening to the wrong stuff. ;)

dannnielll

Sorry but i have heard this so many times,my £120 system sound so much better than,those expensive ones out their,i have turned up to hear them,and they sound crap.
:)
Simon.. the DAC to which he refers has a very strong following, and uses a top quality chip the ESS model so I would not be so quick to judge. He has not identified his amplifier or his headphones or speaker..
What he is comparing is just the front end . I suspect that were he to drive his CDs through that system using the CD player as a transport or via local home streaming ,the result will be superior to his Tidal etc

Top Bottom