Anyone ship E100's to Ireland??

calibos

Can anyone recommend internet dealers of the Panny E100 that will ship to Ireland (Rep.) and at a decent price??

kenfowler3966

I have seen this request before re hs2's. Bear in mind that the tuner will not pick up all the tv broadcast channels in ireland. This may not be an issue though if you only ever want to record from a digital source.

calibos

Thanks Ken. I'll only be recording from an NTL Digital STB.

Off to do a search of HS2+Ireland :D

calibos

Thanks for the offer nick but I've decided to hold on a bit. I had decided, "damn it I'm just going to buy one" and stop worrying about whats just around the corner but I've changed my mind.

The E85 seems like a winner for me. Seemingly has everything the E100 has bar the Mpeg4 recording and the memory card readers which should knock a hundred or two off the E100's price. I wont be needing those and my AE300 PJ has an SD card reader anyway. It also has Pal Progressive which is a bonus although I am yet to be convinced if I have a critical enough eye to notice the difference seeing as I am happy enough with my PJ's de-interlacing capabilities.

The other reason for delaying are the new Sony HDD/DVD recorders coming with their huge HDD's. Now in all probablity Sony will charge a fortune for these instead of pricing competitively but with the big advantage of HDD 2-3 times the size of competitors. They would clean up! Probably not though and they'll be 2-3 times the price of their competitors :rolleyes: But I don't want to take the risk of buying an E100 now and then finding out when the Sony's launch that I could have had a machine with a 160-250gb drive for close to the same price!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: TCL C815 TV, Denon & Huawei wireless speaker reviews, New Sony 4K PJ's and more
Top Bottom