1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone seen the samsung SP42W5HFX 42" Rear Pro T.V.?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by hellskitchens, Jun 3, 2002.

1. hellskitchens

hellskitchens

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know of this set and what do you think?
    I want to buy a rear projection T.V. and have shortlisted two. The Sony KP44PS" ?(I think thats right.) or the above Samsung model. None of my local stores have a working example in stock. Can Anyone Help????????????????????

2. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I saw this model in currys. It is a very well put together set and the picture is quite good. The Sony is a great set although i think this set suffers from the famous scrolling bars. Why not go for the Tosh 42wh18b. Fantastic picture!!

3. russraff

russraff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    yep - saw this in Dixons in the MetroCentre. the set looks very good indeed, and it also has Component video inputs, if that's important to you. The Samsung looked (after altering the picture settings on both sets) better than the Sony set on show and was both cheaper and had more features. I would look closely at the newer silver Toshibas too, though, before plumping for the Samsung.

Russell

4. Mugi

Mugi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I too saw the Samsung in Currys, just yesterday.
    The picture is very likeable, though as always it's very difficult to judge accurately with the mixed feeds in store TV's receive.

I'd say it looks a better buy than the Toshiba 42 for one reason that I only noticed yesterday; with the Toshiba, the vertical viewing angle is not only critical , but if you move lightly in height there is a very obvious bright band on the screen, almost as if you've hit the angle where you're looking directly down the axis of the beam.... move your head and the bright band moves too.

Very distracting, very annoying.

The Samsung is a nice looking set though may suffer equally from this effect. Is it common to all RP TV's?