1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone seen the Philips 42PF9965C ?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by steve36, May 12, 2003.

1. steve36

steve36

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Empire direct are advertising the Philips 42PF9965C as 'in stock' with appears to be a reasonable price.
    I know there are differing opinions on pixel plus and it's usefulness, but Whatvideo raved about the 36" CRT with this.
    This would naturally imply that applied to a 42" plasma it may resolve some of the issues.

Three main questions :
    1) Does this screen exist yet ?
    2) Is it better than previous philips screens
    3) Are the speakers removable.

On the last point I have read somewhere implying that the new series 6 panasonic speakers will be built in. That will put anyone with some space problems off (but just enough space for 42" !).

Thanks in advance,

Steve

2. mrv

mrv
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    As I understand it the 9965 looks identical to the 9964 so therefore the speakers are not removeable.

3. sonofmoth

sonofmoth
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    that's my understanding too. The 32, 37 and 42 will have speakers built and the 50 won't - like the existing models. I guess the big change will be in the e-box.

They were due for launch in April but I think this has been delayed a couple of weeks. I guess its to give the dealers time to shift the 9964's ! :devil:

4. Mats1

Mats1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

In Switzerland the 9964 is sold out and there are to new models out: 9965 with same looks as the 9964 (built in speakers) and Pixel Plus and the 9955 with one Tuner, no Pixel Plus and NO speakers. Both ship with separate Tuner box.

5. steve36

steve36

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Thanks for the info.
    Oh well at least the built in speakers mean that the philips models will not be confusing my choice of plasma. Assuming that pixel plus makes an improvement to the picture.
    Now I hope that panasonic have not also fixed the speakers to the side of the new(?) series 6 plasma.

Steve