Anyone Seen the new Toshiba RD XS-64

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by ABP, Oct 29, 2005.

1. ABP

ABP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I Had a RD XS34 and liked the machine a lot. I had however to sell it as it was just too noisy, it was a bit slow to start and the encoder would only allow full resolution recordings up to 2Hr20Min. It was the most flexible recorder to use and bent over backwards to do anything you wanted on the editing front.
    I have been tempted with both the sony 710 and Panasonic EH60D as I started looking in detail the editing ability of these machines was poor by comparison to the Tosh.
    I had finally settled on the Panasonic due to the reviews on this board and then out of the blue saw this machine RD XS-64 from a link on here somewhere.

http://www.pricerunner.co.uk/sound-and-vision/vision/dvd-players/375022/prices

Does anybody know anything about this recorder as i have found out very little from the WEB.

Even better does anybody have one?

AB-P :lease:

2. Trustne1

Trustne1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Looks like this is an updated XS34 with HDMI support and maybe a slightly bigger hard disk (although the stats on Amazon did mention 160Gb). Toshiba may have upped the capacity as how many peaople will pay £100 more just for Hdmi output? I hope they've made some distance on Panasonic on the recording time front.

I found this quote from cnet.co.uk (http://crave.cnet.co.uk/televisions/0,39029474,39190273,00.htm);

I'll have to keep dreaming about a 37" HD LCD TV but maybe next year these will be pushing £1000 instead of £2000? :)

3. ABP

ABP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Toshiba have just told me that the XS64 will not be released and has been canned.

The reason I was told is they are now to release a HD-DVD Recorder early next year?

Oh Well BETAMAX v VHS all over again!