Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Anyone seen the new LG RZ-42PX12?

Discussion in 'LG TVs Forum' started by Timmah, Jan 15, 2005.

1. Timmah

Timmah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone either seen or bought the new Hi-Res LG? Wondering what the PQ's like compared to the lower res 42PX11, especially if it has to scale normal sources...

Tim Tim

2. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +795
    I saw one the other night, it was running windows HD media from a pc and looked pretty good, however I did not like it as much as my PW6 running D-VHS at 1080i.
    this may have been the source though, there was some american football clip and another clip with a plane landing on a river, if that rings any bells with someone.
    Switched on to a Sky feed but I think that was through composite so I can't coment on that.

How much is it going for?

I know the nec 42XM3 units are going for around £2.5k and they are getting very good reports, which is the one I want to see.

3. Timmah

Timmah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So far I've only been able to find it at 24-7 Electrical for £1800...not bad considering the spec, as long as the pic's good! Where did you see it?
    I'd be using a PC with it as well as for TV and DVD viewing, hence the attractiveness of the 1024x768 res, do you use a PC with your PW6?

4. theo cupier

theo cupier

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +113
    Agree with Timmah.

Spent ages looking online and the only UK place is 247.

There are a couple of European websites which sell it and I think it works out even cheaper there.

However, that doesn't solve the riddle of getting to view the darned thing!

None of my local hifi shops stock LG at all (apart from RS who only do the PX10). Audio T said this was because their build quality / reliability was too poor, although they said the same of Panny. None of the big name online retailers that advertise here stock it either.

Let me know if you do find somewhere to view!

5. Timmah

Timmah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, does seem to be a bit ellusive in this country. If you do a search for it on Google, loads of links to European sites come up but hardly any for the UK. Maybe it was, or is, being launched later over here...

The search continues!

6. Carlos13

Carlos13

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    gizlaroc where exactly did you see the px12?

7. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    BE-direct have it for £2,200ish IIRC but they may have a demo unit

8. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +795
    Now this is interesting that it is not showing up on a google UK search, as I saw it in Comet, well they said it was a PX12.
    Having said that I asked them if it was the HD version of the PX11, the PX12 and they said yeah, it had just come in, so it probably isn't at all.
    I will try and go past and see if it is today or tomorrow, they didn't have any details about it and it was not on their website yet either.

9. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +795
    Ok from looking at www.lge.nl I think it was the PY10X that I was looking at and not the PX12 as he said, this is just based on the website pics of the units, there are some lights for DVI etc. running up the right hand side of the panel on the one I was looking at where as on the PX12 I think these run underneath.

10. anuvid

anuvid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The PY10X is quoted as :

Resolutie : 1920 x 1080

Helderheid : 800 cd/m²

Contrastverhouding : 1200:1

On the NL website. Pretty poor compared to the PX11.

11. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +795
    No its not this is the spec. on the Dutch website......

Taken from here.

Has the PX12 got Fajoudja de-interlacing????

12. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +795
    The spec. you posted is from the 71", the MW-71PY10.

1920x1080 resolution!!! wow.

13. da lafunga

da lafunga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have seen the 42PY10 in Selfridges along with 50" & 60" versions of it. Running some kind of HD demo, looked nice but it was a boring demo disc with very slow panning stuff. The frame of the plasma looks quite nice, with lights behind some of the logos.

They also had the PX11 next to it, which looked totally rubbish, horrible skin tones and solarisation galore. Not a very good plasma at all from the looks of it. They also had Pioneer 435xde close by which looked nice.

Really shocking thing was the PX11 was £1699, Pioneer 435£2995 which is not bad the fact it's Selfridges. The LG PY10 was......wait for it.... a whopping £3400 ! It was not better than the Pioneer let alone £400 more expensive. LG must be bonkers.

14. ikke

ikke

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i own one now for 2 weeks.all i can say is:great picture!!even cable is very good!
    bought it in belgium at :igor's website.price was 2.469euro!
    no complains sofar!!

ikke

15. cobblers

cobblers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    An interesting link from the UK LG site,which is not viewable without using the search.

RZ42PX12X

I also am interested in this model, but I'm not sure if it will be coming to the UK in quantity, or even if it's been and gone.

16. Timmah

Timmah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ikke, is it the PY10 you're got or the PX12?

Gizlaroc, found the PX12 on that NL site you linked and apparently it's got a DCDi (Faroudja chip) : ja ;) as well.

Have emailed LG uk to see if they can shed some light on the PX12...

17. Henno

Henno

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I also have a PX12X, had it for a month or so and am very satisfied.
    Its almost exactly the same machine as the PY10, the only differences is the remote (PY10 has a multi remote), the glass covering the front and the plastic covering the rest.

18. robin78

robin78

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    I'm also interested in the conclusions of someone that could compare the PX12 (or RZ42PY10) against the PX11. I know how the PQ of the RX11 looks like but here in Spain I have yet to find a PX12/PY10 on display)

Apparently the PQ would be very good as the PY10 (Same TV with different shell) was voted world best plasma by ‘prominent test organization in Sweden’ (see http://www.lge.com/ir/html/ABboards...seq=4142&page=1&target=pressreleases_read.jsp )

19. Fishfinger

Fishfinger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  20. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +795
    Now if only they did it in black!!

and so you could remove the speakers would also be nice. :)

21. ikke

ikke

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    timmah

my plasma is the px12.i agree with henno.py10 is just other design!!
    (and higher price!)
    great plasma!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ikke

22. cobblers

cobblers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The more I see about this model, the more I think this is the panel I will go for. :thumbsup:

Does anyone know when this will be available in the UK from the main re-sellers? I don't fancy ordering one from any of the suppliers listing this device currently.

23. Timmah

Timmah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Emailed LG uk to see if the PX12 was going to be launched properly in this country and where it could be found and got this short reply:

'You can purchase this plasma TV from retailers such as
    24-7 Electrical - www.247electrical.co.uk'

Mmm...could've been a little more informative... :confused:

24. Neil-d

Neil-d

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the Canadian 42PX12X and I did see it head to head against the PX11.

Not sure if the Canadian model numbers are the same as the European though.

The demo had a 480p DVD player being distributed to several screens at once.

Both 42PX12X and the 42PX11 had a good picture, noticeably better than the Sony and some other other ones. The Panasonics had practically the same picture quality although I thought the LG's were just slightly better. In trust the difference was very slight as to be subjective.

The PX11 looked better than the PX12X probably due to the native resolution being better matched. In some areas the PX12X had some video 'noise' introduced probably in the upscaling.

I went with the 12X anyway, wanting the higher resolution, and I'm glad I did. The fine details on text and curves are well worth it and I can live with the artifacting on SD and low res like 480 line sources.

25. neural

neural

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have had a 42PM12XH for about 2 weeks. Very happy with it - no speakers and black border to the glass as I wanted.

To clarify, as far as I have been able to find out, the PM series is the commercial product with seems to have the black bevel and no speakers - used more as a monitor (the reason for the M designation instead of the X).

Great picture. Take a look at it.

26. rdavies6

rdavies6
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had a PX12 since the beginning of January. After looking at a variety of lower (and higher priced) panels from loads of manufacturers this panel was plain the best all round value deal. My wife thought the PQ was excellent – so she bought it for me as a birthday pressie.

We compared the panel to the PX11, the 50inch versions and the LG native 1080i LCD version. The LCD was fantastic but cripplingly expensive (GBP5000+); the PX12 was the next best picture by far. Against the PX11 the PX12 is far sharper with DVD material; great with 720p HD material; much better with Xbox games; and HTPC menus looked stunning. It still suffers solarization with lower quality sources (my local digibox here in Singapore) – but no lip sync problems.

Over the weekend I pick up a Momitsu V880DX DVD player from a local dealer….the DVI input (with HDCP disabled) feeding an upscaled 768p signal into the panel is just glorious….the best picture I have ever seen from a DVD. Do yourself a favour and pick up one of these to go with the panel…you will not regret it.

Robin

27. jondarren

jondarren

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  28. rdavies6

rdavies6
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Hurricane II technology 4RV is out in Singapore already I believe - but it's SD. I thought thought some of the contrast ratio improvements were a function of some changes in measurement techniques rather than just the film changes; however its got a new de-interlacer I think. I'll offer some more comments if I see one in the shops over the weekend.

29. jondarren

jondarren

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info.

I know the 4RV s an SD unit, but it has the HD capability and is capable of displaying the HD image from a set top box etc. I hope that the 10,000:1 ratio is a true difference too, it would be a strong selling point for sure. Let me know the outcome if you see any units on display.

Thanks

Jon..........

30. neural

neural

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I connected up a iScan HD+ to my LG 42PM12X with great results! Pixellation and solarization are a thing of the past even on the disgusting SD satellite feed which is not even a true 576i. Very happy!