Anyone seen the NEC GT2150, 1150 or 950?

Kane D Williams

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi folks

I usually hang around on AVS, but I'm gonna check this forum a bit more!

Can anyone tell me if they have any experience of NEC's GT range (same as Digital Projection SHOWlite range)? I'm mostly interested in the GT2150 (SHOWlite 3000sx), as the specs are great and what parameters can be adjusted is amazing (check out PDF manual at www.nectech.com)! The only iffy figure is the contrast ratio, which is only 350:1 (some places wrongly state 400:1), but the rest are sweet, like a 1366x1024 res!

I really want to know if this PJ is any good, as a friend has an uncle quite high up in NEC (Japan) and may be able to get me one cheap!?

Cheers Kane

Don't be put off by the contrast ratio these are measured by the full ansi measurment technique not the wooly simple full on full off stuff that is being quoted.

These are serious three chip projectors at about 3000 lumens. the lamps will cost more than your average HC PJ so make sure he gets you a few of those too because they only last about 1000 hrs.

You'll need a big screen for 3000 lumens

Hi, thanks for the reply Roland.

Are you thinking of the (£40,000) 3 chip DLP machines such as the fantastic SX6000DC? Because I'm talking about NEC's flagship LCD (GT2150). It is 2500 lumens (2000 in eco mode) and the lamp will last for 1500hrs (2000 in eco mode). Have a look at www.nectech.com (instalation projectors).

If you are talking about these LCD models, and the 350:1 contrast is ansi, then I'm seriously up for checking one out! Although, Projector Central claim that the 350:1 in full on/off?

If you know more can you let me know, I want to know how they perform?

I see you are a dealer, can you quote me a price via PM or email me at [email protected] or any other dealers out there?

Cheers Kane

Hi again

Still trying to find out if anyone has any experience of the NEC GT series projectors? Thanks for your reply Roland, are you sure the 350:1 contrast is ANSI on these LCD PJ's? I will be going to the Bristol Show on Friday, hope to see you there!

Cheers Kane

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom