Anyone seen the LG Service site ??!!!

Discussion in 'LG TVs Forum' started by seankly, Jan 3, 2007.

1. seankly

seankly
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I have stumbled across the Lg Service site with all pdf files etc for repair and service engineers.
    It seems to have all model pdf's with diagrams etc and software links for hex files etc and software to install!
    I know a lot of people on here have been looking for such a thing. If your interested then reply.

Cheers

2. pyrotenax

pyrotenax

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +153
    Just post the link :)

3. keefers

keefers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I'm a bit confused - why not just include the link in your initial post? :confused:

K.

4. t1m103

t1m103

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +191
    wouldnt mind a peek to see if there are any tweaks for me to use.

5. scottyf

scottyf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    are you gonna give us the link then

6. seankly

seankly
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Heres the link...

http://136.166.4.200/contents/Files/Displays/

Takes a bit of searching around but im sure you'll find what you are looking for. If you go to the proper homepage it requires you to log in so avoid that.

If you return to the Parent directory there seems to info for anything Lg. Microwaves, fridges etc.

Have fun

7. rommi

rommi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Brilliant find. Downloading now :)

I love my LG 42PX5D.
    Satisfying "clunk" when you power it on, no humming power supplies like all the Panasonics i've ever owned, no red lines my old Hitachi plasma.

I'm just plain darn in love with my LG.

I'm hoping I can get some more techy detail from these docs, like HDMI version, as the "brochures" are just glossy photos and buzzwords :)

8. seankly

seankly
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Wish i had a happier reason for looking for this info..

I have developed the red dot sparkles when going from a bright to dark image on the screen. Phoned Lg tonight and they are sending someone Friday to take a look.

Hope they fix it without having to take it away.:(

9. rommi

rommi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Bad luck ol' boy.
    The site is fascinating, as well as a strange test <DIR> with pictures of someones monster trucks :) and I'm downloading something called LGterm.zip :)

I found this document on there:

THE MAJOR MANUFACTURERS
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEC - brand monitors are made completely by NEC. NEC has its own plasma screen glass factory and uses its own processing boards and chips.

Panasonic - Owns own glass factory as well as engineering its own internal components.

Fujitsu - Owns 50% of a plasma screen glass factory with Hitachi in Kyushu, Japan. Though Fujitsu buys some of the internal components (chipsets), produces most of the internal component boards.

Pioneer - Owns its own plasma screen glass plant and produces most all boards and chips internalized in the plasma monitor.
    LGE- Owns its own plasma screen glass plant and panel assembly facility with it's own R & D to design and produce all the components to make their panels.

Sony - Makes their own boards and chips but uses Fujitsu/ Hitachi plasma screen glass.

Hitachi - Owns 50% of plasma screen factory with Fujitsu. Makes own internal components.

Philips - Uses Fujitsu/ Hitachi glass screen and most internal components as well. However, Philips makes its own bezel with built in speakers.
    ZENITH- LGE, who is Zenith's parent company, makes all their panels.

THE SECONDARY MANUFACTURERS

RCA/ Thompson - Partners with NEC to OEM its product. Though the bezel is different the internal components and screen and thus the picture are the same.

Toshiba - Coming soon with 50" option which is OEM from Panasonic.

Sharp - OEM product through Pioneer for 50" though they may make some internal component changes.

Runco - OEM 61&#8221; from NEC, 50" from Pioneer and 42" from NEC, though they may make some modifications.

Marantz - OEM 42" plasma monitor from NEC.

Viewsonic - OEM 50" plasma screen from Pioneer. 42" is more than likely Hitachi.

10. rommi

rommi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Even more fascinating, who is LG document :)

LG was founded in South Korea in 1947. Originally LG was two separate companies, Lucky Chemical and Goldstar Electronics. These two companies became Lucky Goldstar. Similar to General Electric who became G.E and General Motors who became G.M, Lucky Goldstar became LG. In the late 1980's, LG collaborated with Zenith Electronics on inventing the HDTV Broadcast technology; which eventually was accepted by the F.C.C. as the &#8220;standard&#8221; for the industry. In 1998 when Zenith Electronics was in financial trouble, LG purchased Zenith. Today, Zenith Electronics is a wholly owned subsidiary of LG.

Today, LG represents a group of companies with almost $100 Billion in sales
    (Larger than all the worldwide sales of McDonalds, AT &T and Coca-Cola COMBINED!)

11. Simba

Simba

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +819
  12. Emjay111

Emjay111

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Doh!

That's not an LG site !

Check who owns the IP address 133.166.4.200 ??

It's registered to Zenith Electronics Corp, Illinois.

We're an LG auth service centre, and I can tell you that is absolutely not the LG service site !

Whilst there does appear to be a reasonable quantity of service data present, I'm sure once Zenith realise where their bandwidth is going, it will disappear pretty rapidly !

Enjoy it while you can, and dont be tempted to mess about in the service mode unless you really know what you are doing. Permanent damage can result (and it wont be covered by your warranty). You'll need a service remote for most of the sets anyway - so you wont get far !

13. rommi

rommi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    And that will be Zenith, wholly owned by LG as it explains in the posts above? Hmmm.

Wrong side of bed this morning? :)

Now, when can I borrow your remote? LOL