1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone seen The Grudge!

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by jimcarney, Nov 7, 2004.

1. jimcarney

jimcarney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    If so is it any good?

2. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    What the USA remake or the original japanese TV/ movies ??
    The Japanese TV Movies are very good and the Japanese remake movies are bigger budget and almost just as good.
    As for the USA Remake............ Who cares :laugh: I'm sure it will turn out like the USA Remake of Ring a big flashy waste of time :)

3. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +7,348
    It is a US remake but directed by the Japanese guy who did the original and set in Japan. As another person who hasn't seen it, I can't really pass comment, but from what I have read it should be good.

4. asteri

asteri

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I saw this on Halloween, I thought it was quite good but that was mainly / thankfully to Takashi Shimizu directing! The film is basically the first tv movie and the 2 cinema releases in one. The scares are good if not a bit predictable, but thats because I have seen all the originals, (but my husband and brother enjoyed it and got scared :) ) I still jumped and being a typical girl got spooked! Takashi Shimizu used the original actors for Kayako and Toshio, god that boy does scare me! He should have also included my favourite scare scene from juon - the Grudge! Sarah MG acting was ok but not great, but she's not in the film that much! There are some plots holes in the film, for anyone who hasn't seen the originals. I did not like the ending and opens it right up for a sequel, (which I think there are rumours of already!) I don't understand where it could go as they included bits of the sequel within this film!

I really did like this film overall and I will be buying it once its out on DVD

asteri