Quantcast

Anyone seen Tears Of The Sun

E

Ewan

Hi!
Has anyone seen the DVD Tears Of The Sun:confused: Is it any good?

Hawklord

As it happens I watched it last night. It's superb even though it does tend to be a bit too sentemental in places. It's quite harrowing in places due to the material the whole film is about but is done very well imo. PQ and SQ is very good (on my kit) and the cinematoghraphy and direction worked well. Bruce does a good job with this one I give it 8/10:smashin:

Wasabi

Novice Member
I liked it to.

Monica Belluci is wow, and Bruce did a good job.

8/10 as well is my rating.

Wasabi

W

Wolvreen

:oops: Very poor. Bad writing, too sentimental. The characters are cardboard thick.

Something similar, but so much better is Soldier with Kurt Russell. Ok it is based in the future. Probably the most underrated film ever. Slammed by the critics, but it is truly superb.

Rambo John J

Distinguished Member
Originally posted by Wolvreen2
:oops: Very poor. Bad writing, too sentimental. The characters are cardboard thick.

Something similar, but so much better is Soldier with Kurt Russell. Ok it is based in the future. Probably the most underrated film ever. Slammed by the critics, but it is truly superb.
personally I'd say you've got those 2 the wrong way round, but that's just my opinion.
Soldier's got to be one of the worst films I've seen. It's laughably bad from beginning to end, but at least they explain the woodenness of Kurt's performance:laugh:
Tears Of The Sun, on the other hand, was rather good:smashin:

W

Wolvreen

They are certainly opposites when it comes to playing emotions under war-stress.

Tears goes totally over the top, USA style. Very inconsistent.

Soldier is consistent. A man whos emotions have been ripped from him since a child. Left more android than human.

Most people struggle with Soldier (a modern Shane).

buns

Banned
Originally posted by Wolvreen2

I agree with this totally..... i love soldier..... it is plain stupid but it is soo much fun! tears of the sun I just got bored.....

ad

Mr.D

Distinguished Member
I too think Soldier is one of the worst films of recent years.
Laughable characterisation , boring hole ridden plot , rubbish cinematography , visual effects that wouldn't look out of place in a film from the mid 60s.

I've seen more action packed episodes of Neighbours.
I'd rather get my teeth drilled that sit through this drivel again.